Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Intruder: useless popup

While attacking with Intruder, most of the times we need to change the threads, check the Grep-Match box or many other things in the Options tab. When we do this on the live attack the below annoying popup window...

Last updated: Apr 27, 2020 11:00AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Cannot see crawler responses

While crawling, "Session handling tracer" shows the requests but it shows empty responses. I want to be able to see the responses.

Last updated: Apr 27, 2020 10:30AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp won't start on my OSX machine any more

Hi folks, Finding this one a little tricky to solve. Burp stopped working on my OSX system recently. I run it from the command line with something like: java -Xmx1024m -jar burpsuite_pro_v1.6.18.jar I get the...

Last updated: Apr 27, 2020 08:00AM UTC | 10 Agent replies | 12 Community replies | Bug Reports

Cannot login on another computer

Hello, like on subject, can't login on my account on another computer. I Didn't see any restrictions to login on another systems, can you help? Thank you,

Last updated: Apr 27, 2020 07:26AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Extension Errors

I found a strange bug. Sometimes the stderror location of my extension in the "Errors" tab ("Extender" -> "Extensions") suddenly changes his value, from "Shown in UI" to "Output to system console". This behaviors can hidden...

Last updated: Apr 25, 2020 01:20PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Unable to save project

[Burp Pro v2.0.04beta]Hello! While I'm trying to save project file I am getting following error: "Unable to save project data to the file /../../../../projectname.burp: null" I don't know how to see the full error trace. I'm...

Last updated: Apr 24, 2020 05:00PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

No Response

I send Request many times but there was no response It is showing Waiting... Forever, What shoud I Do

Last updated: Apr 23, 2020 11:20AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

NTLM Authentication doesn't work

Hey all, I have been trying for days to get NTLM authentication to work with Burp. I've tried multiple browsers and find that Burp will not proxy NTLM requests at all. When authenticating manually through the browser I...

Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 01:10PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Incomplete URL encoding

According to RFC3986 section 2.2, square brackets ('[',']') are reserved characters. Burp doesn't percent encode these characters when using the Ctrl+U hotkey, and one can observe Scanner payloads that don't have these...

Last updated: Apr 21, 2020 11:15AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

false positive on RXSS?

i recently got the alert of reflected XSS with confidence certain because "vbscript:msgbox(19301293)" was injected inside a <a> tag, in the href part. I wasn't aware vbscript could be injected there. the thing is that,...

Last updated: Apr 20, 2020 09:50AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

My progress is always 30%

Hi friends! I read all articles and mark them as "Completed" a month ago. However, after some updates, I found that my progress right now is 30% even after I mark new posts with the "Completed" checkbox. What I must do to...

Last updated: Apr 20, 2020 09:25AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Websockets not working with burp

my browser unable to connect *any* websocket while working with burp I also tried changing my browser. I'm getting this error on firefox (similar messages in other browsers): "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the...

Last updated: Apr 18, 2020 11:29AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 5 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Suite Community Edition won't start

I've been using Burp Suite on my Ubuntu computer for a couple of months, but for some reason it has stopped working. I don't know why - I was using it, then it crashed, stopped working, and since then I haven't been able to...

Last updated: Apr 17, 2020 08:24PM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Items explicitly excluded from the scope still saved in Proxy history

Version: Burp Professional v2020.2.1 Issue description: while having the out of scope Proxy history logging disabled, with the scope defined as follows (the IP address was changed): In scope: Enabled: yes Protocol: HTTPS...

Last updated: Apr 16, 2020 12:26PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Bug on svg-markup-allowed xss lab.

Link: https://portswigger.net/web-security/cross-site-scripting/contexts/lab-some-svg-markup-allowed This lab is not accepting the expected solution. (yes I tried on chrome win/linux)

Last updated: Apr 16, 2020 02:18AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

lab does not solve even if it is correct

I went to solve the following lab:"Lab: SQL injection attack, querying the database type and version on MySQL and Microsoft". And everything I did didn’t work, when I went to see the solution what I did was correct and still...

Last updated: Apr 15, 2020 10:30AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

looks like there is no way of allowing API user to create scans under a folder.

Hi, My security analyst created a REST API user for me. I logged-in to Burp Enterprise REST-API and tried to use the 2 REST-API GET queries, these GET queries are working fine. The problem is with POST query. It does...

Last updated: Apr 15, 2020 08:35AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

CSRF and CORS LAB not functioning properly

Hi team i would like to know that my CSRF and CORS Labs are not functioning properly.Let me explain this in detail I was trying Simple CSRF lab and i made CSRF POC using both solution and also and CSRF POC generator provided...

Last updated: Apr 14, 2020 09:59AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

SmartCard Authentication - Error: Cannot produce CertificateVerify signature

Greetings, I have a web application that is configured to use pkcs11 Smart Card authentication. When I browse to the application and authenticate via the standard mechanisms, I gain access to the application without...

Last updated: Apr 09, 2020 04:01PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Content-Length being added even when disabled

Using the match/replace in proxy no matter what I do I keep getting Content-Length added for example Content-Length: 1122 even when I create response find/replace for Content-Length: \d+ /aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just end up with 2...

Last updated: Apr 09, 2020 08:46AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 102 of 142

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image