Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Sequencer crashes JRE

floyd | Last updated: Oct 26, 2020 01:49PM UTC

Lately I've experienced crashes of the entire Burp process when using Sequencer: OS: Once on macOS and once on Windows verison: Burp Pro 2020.9.1 Extensions: On Windows there wasn't a single extension installed I've used sequencer i a very normal way with default settings, looking at server Set-Cookie. This is all I can contribute to debug: # # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # Internal Error (macroAssembler_x86.cpp:894), pid=30142, tid=172647 # fatal error: DEBUG MESSAGE: duplicated predicate failed which is impossible # # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (14.0+36) (build 14+36-1461) # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (14+36-1461, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, bsd-amd64) # No core dump will be written. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again # # An error report file with more information is saved as: # /Applications/Burp Suite Professional.app/Contents/java/app/hs_err_pid30142.log # # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit: # https://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp #

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 26, 2020 04:10PM UTC

Hi I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with Sequencer. When you've experienced this were you loading tokens via the manual load tab or using the Live capture? Also, can you remember if you were using a temporary or disk-based project at the time? Do you remember approximately how many tokens there were?

floyd | Last updated: Oct 27, 2020 10:12AM UTC

When using the live capture. I was using a disk-based project. There were actually not that many tokens yet, they were retrieved pretty quickly, but it already crashed with a couple of thousand. I've also noticed that one crash seems to indicate that memory was an issue. However, I don't think Burp showed high memory usage. I used to run Sequencer in the same setup and it worked just fine, so I don't think this is only memory-related.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 27, 2020 02:29PM UTC

If you run the same capture a second time on the same site are you able to replicate the issue or does it seem to be intermittent? Is it the same capture that causes the crash on both Windows and MacOS?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.