Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

test

test

Last updated: Apr 30, 2018 09:28AM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

test

test

Last updated: Apr 30, 2018 09:28AM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

test

test

HTML formatter indents incorrectly

The formatter thinks "<base>" need a close tag, but actually "base" is an empty element, as explained in https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/base clearly. Everything under "<base>" should not have...

Last updated: Apr 26, 2018 10:26AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Scanner Cookies Error

Hi, I'm using Burp Professional 1.7.33. MacOS ver. Burp suite logged the first cookies for Scanner. I logout from website and I sign in with different membership. After I'm using Scanner. But cookies not true, because...

Last updated: Apr 12, 2018 08:54AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Does Burp try to send unsent files.

A server team is reporting that it is still receiving attack strings and file upload attacks from my scan even though I stopped scanning more than one week ago. Is it possible that Burp (or my OS) is still trying to send...

Last updated: Apr 09, 2018 08:13AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Cross domain script inclusion is not very reliable

The scanner plugin for cross domain script inclusion is not very reliable - it always shows not nearly all cross domain scripts that are included. For example, if there's a script block on a page that injects another script...

Last updated: Mar 28, 2018 11:18AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Suite has reported about use of Permanent or persistent cookies on client machine.

Burp Suite has reported about use of Permanent or persistent cookies on client machine. Should we stop using them? What are the alternatives available?

Last updated: Mar 28, 2018 10:04AM UTC | 5 Agent replies | 4 Community replies | Bug Reports

software-caused-connection-abort-recv-failed

Hi Team, I get this error message while running Burp Suite spider & scanner against multiple post request using asp.x application which are using xrftoken or key in body content : java.net.SocketException: Software...

Last updated: Mar 28, 2018 08:29AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

What is Private IP addresses disclosed reported by Burp Suite.

What is Private IP addresses disclosed reported by Burp Suite, and how to fix it. Please let us know what can be the cause of this issue and how to fix it.

Last updated: Mar 27, 2018 03:53PM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Issue Definitions

Hi, Below page contains a list of issue that Burp Suite can report. https://portswigger.net/kb/issues It will be really helpful if it can hint about the cause and possible fix for it. We really don't have idea what is...

Last updated: Mar 27, 2018 03:52PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Scanner do not resume

Hello, During an active scan I canceled some items and paused the scan (or the opposite, I don't recall the exact sequence). The results was when I tried to resume the scan, the items I wanted to scan stayed in "waiting"...

Last updated: Mar 27, 2018 07:02AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

What is abuse of functionality reported by Burp suite

Our security team has reported something called [What is abuse of functionality], by which the user entry can be altered to some other value, even though we have validation for it. Lets say, one can choose max next 30 days...

Last updated: Mar 26, 2018 07:18AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

skip server-side injection not preventing requests

Adding an entry to "Skip server-side injection..." in the Scanner Options does not prevent that (for instance) parameter from being actively tested, i.e. making requests with payloads on that parameter. I need to add the...

Last updated: Mar 23, 2018 02:12PM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Cookies not updated for proxy anymore

Hello, Session handling rules/Rule Actions: Use cookies from the session handling cookie jar with Proxy set as the scope does not work anymore. It used to work in previous versions. It was one of most important feature...

Last updated: Mar 19, 2018 10:22AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Automatic backup failed

Get this message: https://i.imgur.com/XDPPoHl.png Burp Suite Professional 1.7.32. Not sure if there are any error logs I could look at anywhere?

Last updated: Mar 16, 2018 11:15AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Duplicate entries for single project in disk project list

I noticed this weird behavior when I named one like "thatProject" with a mix of upper and lower letters now it always show as duplicate entries in projects list like: "ThatProject" "/path/ThatProject.burp" ...

Last updated: Mar 16, 2018 03:26AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 4 Community replies | Bug Reports

Proxy dont record some of the requets

Hi, I use the proxy to capture the request i made to my api. Some of the requests are not captured by the proxy (mostly PUT and DELETE) any idea why?

Last updated: Mar 14, 2018 02:23PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

The value of toolFlag transforms from TOOL_EXTENDER to TOOL_SCANNER

Since version 1.7.32 of BurpSuite, when a Burp Extender sends HTTP requests using IBurpExtenderCallbacks#makeHttpRequest while active scanning, IHttpListener#processHttpMessage sets IBurpExtenderCallbacks#TOOL_SCANNER to the...

Last updated: Mar 13, 2018 09:01AM UTC | 5 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Downloading updates via the BURP scanner tool

To Whom this May Concern, I am attempting to download newer versions of the tool via the update prompt that comes up in the tool. When I click to download the installer it appears to be downloading and gets to...

Last updated: Mar 11, 2018 06:44AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 5 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 131 of 148

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image