Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect

I'm constantly seeing the error "java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect" in my Alerts tab for all the domains that I'm testing and I have no clue what's the root cause. Tried to google this error specific for...

Last updated: Sep 20, 2018 11:20AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 6 Community replies | Bug Reports

burp suite beta on macOS will not close

Choosing Burp > Exit > yes does not close burp suite in on macOS. This forces the user to close via right clicking on the dock icon and choosing quit, which does not exit cleanly. burp version: 2.0.01 macOS version:...

Last updated: Sep 20, 2018 10:23AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Android Emulator - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Using Burp Suite CE 1.7.36. Pointing my Android Emulator to use the Burp Proxy running on my localhost. I get the following errors in both Chrome and the Android System WebView. I get them inconsistently, but regularly,...

Last updated: Sep 19, 2018 07:34AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burpsuite 2.0.0.5 Beta - SocketException on crawls and audits

Hi, I'm having an odd situation. I get a socket exception when attempting to perform many, but not all, audits on https sites. These audits work with http(although are immediately redirected to the secure version so...

Last updated: Sep 17, 2018 11:13AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Error: Critical Source:Suite Message:Environment Not Supported by embedded browser

Hello, I am incurring an issue with the v2.0.04 beta .jar version in Kali (latest, 2018.3). The error incurred is "Message:Environment Not Supported by embedded browser". I have done little to this Kali build other...

Last updated: Sep 17, 2018 09:15AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 4 Community replies | Bug Reports

BURP Suite Enterprise stumbles on the trailing slash after users click the welcome link

The server URL in the email settings may or may not have a trailing slash but when a welcome link is sent, the trailing slash will result in an extra slash at the end of the host name in the welcome URL and this prevents...

Last updated: Sep 17, 2018 09:13AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp 2.0 beta has issues crawling BodgeIt

I was trying out the new crawl and audit features on BodgeIt (https://github.com/psiinon/bodgeit). I downloaded the WAR and ran it on Tomcat on port 8081. So BodgeIt is at http://localhost:8081/bodgeit/ I started...

Last updated: Sep 14, 2018 05:10PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp project options still have references to the Spider

The session handling rules and cookie jar still reference spider even though the Spider was merged into the Scanner. Project Options -> Session Handling Rules -> Add -> Scope -> Spider Project Options -> Cookie Jar ->...

Last updated: Sep 13, 2018 11:57AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

BURP Suite Enterprise fails installing with an existing MS SQL server

After receiving a JDBC URL and credentials that appear passing a connection test, the installer proceeds to creating a database. This fails with a non-descript message. The installer log file has a liquibase error that...

Last updated: Sep 13, 2018 08:00AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp 2 can not close maximized task

Burp on MacOS Steps to reproduce: 1. Add a new Task (e.g. new scan) 2. Maximize the task, it will be displayed in its own window 3. Switch back to main window's dashboard, press the delete button of the task 4....

Last updated: Sep 11, 2018 09:40AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burpsuite Shutsdown While Crawling

Hi Team, I set up an application for crawling (Spider) multiple times but each and every time burpsuite gets shutdown after few minutes of crawling. An application contain is huge which contain around 2 lakh+ pages....

Last updated: Sep 11, 2018 09:39AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 4 Community replies | Bug Reports

Enterprise Edition has Pro edition burpsuite_pro_v2.0.03beta jar File since Sep 5th 2018

Hi, I have downloaded Enterprise edition and completed the installation successfully on my mac book by running the .dmg file. I am now attempting to launch the application to add key but Prod edition is being launched...

Last updated: Sep 11, 2018 07:33AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

test

';alert(String.fromCharCode(88,83,83))//';alert(String.fromCharCode(88,83,83))//";alert(String.fromCharCode(88,83,83))//";alert(String.fromCharCode(88,83,83))//--></SCRIPT>">' <DIV STYLE="width:...

Last updated: Sep 10, 2018 06:10PM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp 2.0 beta scan_status REST API issue

I created a new scan through the new REST API and then checked the status after the scan was complete. The task in the dashboard says 'Finished' with eight requests and eight errors but the REST API returns 'auditing' for...

Last updated: Sep 06, 2018 03:05PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp v2.0.04beta - noscript redirect

On the root \ (and all other) HTTP responses I have following code: <noscript><meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0; URL=/no-javascript"></noscript> With Burp 1.x it was sufficient to disable Project -> Meta refresh tag....

Last updated: Sep 06, 2018 10:45AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

burpsuite pro Linux v2_0_04beta crashes during start

I installed burpsuite_pro_linux_v2_0_04beta.sh and it crashes shortly after the config selection window during startup. It crashes every time. Previous versions haven't been crashing. When running it via command line, I'm...

Last updated: Sep 05, 2018 08:37AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Edit Running Live Audit Creates New Live Audit

Hi, In Burp Suite Pro v2.0.03beta if I edit a currently running Live scan's configuration, when I save it, a new Live audit appears in the task list and now any request I make goes to both running tasks, thereby...

Last updated: Sep 05, 2018 07:13AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp 2.0 beta REST API key issue

When creating a new scan with an API key: POST http://127.0.0.1:1337/<key>/v0.1/scan ... It is not possible to retreive the task without the API key if the 'Allow access without API key' option is checked GET...

Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 05:09PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

[Beta v2.0.03beta] Warning when starting Burp on OSX

Hi, Just started testing the new beta and I really like the new dashboard look. I am running it on a fully updated OSX with fully updated JAVA. Everything seems to work fine (although slow, and I will add another bug...

Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 08:02AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp v2.0.03beta - Session Handling Rule can't be applied to Spider

Iv'e tried to Edit the Session Handling Rule to include Spider in Scope, but without success. Every time I check it and press OK, it disappears. Since my app has a complex session management, I'd like my own session rule...

Last updated: Sep 03, 2018 01:14PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 131 of 151

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image