Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Graphical glitch when loading project

Manuel | Last updated: Feb 22, 2019 07:31PM UTC

Hi, i would like to report a graphical glitch that sometimes happens when loading a project that takes some time to fully load. This doesn't happen all the time, i would say 1 every 15/20 runs, and i can't find a way to reproduce it consistently: i couldn't find a way to reissue a proper "repaint/relayout" event by resizing/minimizing/detaching both the child or the parent panels; the only way is to restart Burp. This is how it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/hfRc6Mg.png My specs: Latest kali linux, 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux java.library.path /usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib java.runtime.name Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment java.runtime.version 1.8.0_191-b12 java.specification.name Java Platform API Specification java.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation java.specification.version 1.8 java.vendor Oracle Corporation java.vendor.url http://java.oracle.com/ java.vendor.url.bug http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/ java.version 1.8.0_191 java.vm.info mixed mode java.vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM java.vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification java.vm.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation java.vm.specification.version 1.8 java.vm.vendor Oracle Corporation java.vm.version 25.191-b12 jdk.tls.allowUnsafeServerCertChange true jdk.tls.server.protocols TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2 jxbrowser.browser.type LIGHTWEIGHT jxbrowser.chromium.dir /tmp/chromium-64.0.3282.24 jxbrowser.chromium.dnd.enabled false Command line i use to run BurpSuite: java -Xmn2048M -Xms2048M -Xmx4096M \ -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on \ -Dswing.aatext=true \ -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true \ -Dswing.plaf.metal.smallFont="Fira Sans" \ -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont="Fira Sans" \ -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont="Fira Sans" \ -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont="Fira Sans" \ -jar burpsuite_pro_v2.0.17beta.jar I'm sure this happened both with versions 2.0.15 and 2.0.16 at least one time, unfortunately i'm unable to replicate it programmatically. If you need more information please let me know, but thanks for the great product!

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 25, 2019 10:18AM UTC

Manuel, when this occurs do you see any messages in the command line interface?

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 25, 2019 07:42PM UTC

Thanks for getting back to be: good question, unfortunately i'm invoking that command line from a .desktop file and couldn't see its output. I'm gonna change that and make it log the output to a file instead, should be able to capture it, great idea. I'll update this ticket with some more information as soon as i have captured or found out more.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 26, 2019 08:18AM UTC

Thanks Manuel, it might give us a better idea of what is happening.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.