Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

New extension-driven passive audit task being created automatically

I noticed that with v2.0.17beta, while performing an audit, for example "Audit coverage - Thorough", a new "Extension driven passive audit" task is created and started automatically without interaction and it mostly sit...

Last updated: Feb 25, 2019 08:01PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Connect abort software thrown

Hai , I receiving connection abort in alert tab while scanning all the target. I could not find the root cause of the issue. Please help me. I even downloaded new version but still not helpful to scan.

Last updated: Feb 22, 2019 11:41AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Unable to create projects on a network drive

Hello, Up just updated to the Burp Suite Professional v2.0.17beta and tried to create a new project located on a network drive. On the first attempt, it stated that the project was corrupt and needed to be repaired. I...

Last updated: Feb 22, 2019 08:19AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp suite submitting blank username and passwords when doing an authenticated crawl

Right now, I get locked out of my account because burp suite is trying to login with blank user names and passwords. I get locked out because it tried multiple times with the same IP. How can I see further into the issue...

Last updated: Feb 19, 2019 08:18PM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 4 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Professional 1.7.0.4 / Null Pointer Exception

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:459) at javax.swing.JEditorPane.registerEditorKitForContentType(JEditorPane.java:1247) at...

Last updated: Feb 18, 2019 07:19AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Blank Raw (Empty)

My Config ---------------------------- BurpSuite v1.7.35 - Community Edition Java 8 I'm using firefox and I tested with others navigators like chrome... My local access proxy ip is 127.0.0.1:8080(default) My Proxy is...

Last updated: Feb 15, 2019 05:43PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp 2.x does not passively scan certain content types it did in 1.7

In Burp 1.7.x Burp would find issues like 'Email address disclosed' on non-HTML content types. For example if the following was served in 'emails.txt' with Tomcat: test@gmail.com fake@gmail.com Burp 1.7.x would...

Last updated: Feb 15, 2019 02:23PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Maybe not a bug, xss reported by Burp

I came across an xss found by the scanner and reported as Certain. test74666'%3balert(1)%2f%2f901vivg94 I was not able to reproduce it manually until I put a ) between the ' and the ; -> %3b. I'm wondering why Burp...

Last updated: Feb 15, 2019 08:29AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

report issue

How many Types of reports available in burp suite report..? and what are the possible test cases are present in the burp scanning report..?

Last updated: Feb 14, 2019 10:09AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp suite submitting blank username and passwords when doing an authenticated crawl

Right now, I get locked out of my account because burp suite is trying to login with blank user names and passwords. I get locked out because it tried multiple times with the same IP. How can I see further into the issue...

Last updated: Feb 11, 2019 07:57PM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

External Service Interaction - Bug Bounty?

I have found an external service interaction issue on a website that is listed in hacker one, I want to send a report, but, I'm not sure how to come up with a proof of concept to send to them. I have recently reported an...

Last updated: Feb 06, 2019 11:51AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Certificate Error

Team, I have generated self signed PKCS 12 certificate and uploaded it onto the Burp enterprise webserver using the GUI. However, when I invoke the scan using the CI driver, I receive the following error...

Last updated: Feb 01, 2019 09:22AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Scanner's concurrent request limit not working.

Hello, I have set to scanner "concurrent request limit" to 1. However scanner doesn't respect that. I tried many things and restarts. Only 1 time it was in effect. All the other times no.

Last updated: Feb 01, 2019 09:19AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp 2.0 beta doesn't clean up temp file on exit

My Burp Pro 1.7 generates some temporary files when running, and it will clean up these files on exit. Burp Pro 2.0 beta does not properly handle these on exit; every time I start Burp 2.0 it says there is temp file left...

Last updated: Jan 30, 2019 10:26AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp creates two temp folders and only rms wrong one on exit

Taken from: http://forum.portswigger.net/thread/1668/burp-creates-temp-folders-wrong because the problem still exists with: Java 7 x64 on Windows 7 x64 Pro ------------------------------------------- Hi Burp...

Last updated: Jan 29, 2019 09:52PM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

BurpSuite v2.0.05beta would freeze if edit raw requst in Repeater

BurpSuite: v2.0.05beta OS: macos 10.13.6 Working in session, forward a GET request to Repeater, tried to edit a parameter from Raw Request pane, delete the existing param value, try to insert new value. The whole UI just...

Last updated: Jan 28, 2019 11:36AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 5 Community replies | Bug Reports

Invisible insertion points in Intruder when using Darcula theme

When using the Darcula theme, the background color is Intruder is #3C3F31 for both normal text and insertion points, thus they're practically invisible, you have to hunt for '§' characters manually. See this screenshot...

Last updated: Jan 25, 2019 03:28PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Suite Pro Requesting access to MacBook Air Camera

As stated above. Why is Burp Suite Professional requesting access to my MacBook Air camera? Pic here - https://imgur.com/a/TJ6ELDN

Last updated: Jan 21, 2019 09:03AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Possible bug: Missing hosts in site map in branch 2.x

I think I spotted a bug on burp 2.x which wasn't there on the previous branch. It might be reproductible with the following steps (hopefully): - Setup a scope - Burp ask if you want to "limit item sent to proxy history...

Last updated: Jan 15, 2019 01:39PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

MIME type recognized incorrectly

Burp (both v1 and v2) thinks this is JSON: https://www.docusign.net/Signing/StyleSheets/Framework.css

Last updated: Jan 14, 2019 10:31AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 118 of 142

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image