Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite 2 and RSyntaxTextArea library

Federico | Last updated: Mar 12, 2020 09:46AM UTC

Hi, one of my plugin, Brida, uses RSyntaxTextArea library for syntax highlighting. Burp Suite 2 seems to use the same library but unfortunately due to a bug (see https://github.com/bobbylight/RSyntaxTextArea/issues/269 ) if the library is loaded twice by two different class loaders (I suppose, probably for the global keymaps) it stops working. In detail, by loading in Burp Suite a plugin that uses that library, keyboard typing in the Repeater stops working (probably all the plugins based on that library at the moment can't be used with Burp Suite 2). It seems to me (but it is only a guess) that the same library is used also in ITextEditor objects returned by IBurpExtenderCallbacks.createTextEditor(). If I'm right, is it possible to add to the ITextEditor interface methods to set RSyntaxTextArea properties (the most important for me is setSyntaxEditingStyle, in order to be able to have syntax highlighting for arbitrary languages)? With these methods I can try to implement the same functionalities without having to add RSyntaxTextArea library to my plugin (that triggers the bug). Thank you! Federico

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 12, 2020 10:50AM UTC

Hi Federico We've been looking into this issue ourselves, and have resolved the issue on our end. This should be fixed in an upcoming release, so you do not need to make any changes.

Federico | Last updated: Mar 12, 2020 11:43AM UTC

Great, thank you! I wait for the release! Federico

Federico | Last updated: Mar 17, 2020 03:08PM UTC

Hi! I just tried version 2020.2.1 of Burp Suite and now the issue is solved. Thank you! If you patched RSyntaxtTextArea library, can you please make a pull request to the project or give more details about you fix? :) Thank you. Federico

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 17, 2020 03:16PM UTC

Hi Federico I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved. We changed some functions internally so there was no longer a conflict.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.