The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Version burpsuite_pro_v1.7.15 (OSX) is crashing when trying to start

While trying to start, the burp window opens but closes just after the screen refresh. It is strange because the JVM don't crash. The worst part is, I can not use the older version to reopen the project as now burps...

Last updated: Dec 22, 2016 09:11AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Viewing aspx extensions

Hi, When using Burp Suite Pro I've come across a problem where the response tabs are unable to display the raw response from aspx file extensions. When copying the raw response into both classic Notepad and Notepad++...

Last updated: Dec 21, 2016 09:51AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Cancelling a repeater request looses history

In the repeater, if a request is timing out and it is cancelled then the history is lost, i.e. the arrows stop working and you can't see other requests. Done it for me a few times on current test so very repeatable.

Last updated: Dec 15, 2016 03:41PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Mouse events ignored in filter text boxes

In some text inputs like the filters (by search term, by file extension: show/hide) in both the Target and Proxy tab seem to update the internals only when there's a keystroke event fired in them (the user either deletes or...

Last updated: Dec 15, 2016 03:40PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Java crypto policy files overwritten on upgrade

I'm testing a site which requires the alternative Java crypto policy files, I put them in place but after a Burp upgrade they were put back to the original ones. Left me confused as to why I could no longer access the...

Last updated: Dec 15, 2016 10:52AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Cacheable responses

HTTP, not just HTTPS responses obey the cache control headers, yes? So, shouldn't the finding for 'https://portswigger.net/KnowledgeBase/issues/Details/00700100_CacheableHTTPSresponse' be more generic. I noted in a...

Last updated: Dec 14, 2016 04:14PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp not working correctly if WAF uses connection reset

Hi, I am currently expecting a strange issue with Burp, which affects the active scanner. I have used the active scanner against a web application which is protected by some kind of WAF. The WAF works like this: if the...

Last updated: Dec 13, 2016 11:23AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Project looses data

So this problem can cause loss of data in already saved project? Because is what happened to me unfortunately. Also, you know on which OS this problem can occur?

Last updated: Dec 05, 2016 04:53PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Missing Directory Listing vulnerability

Hello, In a recent engagement I found page that indeed there is directory listing but burp cannot identify it in any way. The source page also contains the string "Directory Listing For /....". I have run active and...

Last updated: Dec 05, 2016 10:04AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Suite SSL Certificate Error (peer not authenticated)

Hi, We have encounter wired error while intercepting an application with SSL. 1480321180146 Repeater Auto-selected SSL parameters for domainstagxyz.domainxyz.com: default protocols,...

Last updated: Dec 05, 2016 09:37AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Scanner is very slow running

Burp Scanner is very slow running why ???

Last updated: Dec 05, 2016 09:01AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Let's Encrypts certificates

Burp appears to mark certs issued by Let's Encrypt as untrusted. Because of this, some plugins, like the relatively recent Dradis Framework plugin will fail.

Last updated: Nov 29, 2016 04:51PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Active Scanner failed to detect certain XSS in JSON requests

Burp Active Scanner is unable to detect certain kinds of JSON parameter which are vulnerable to XSS Please refer to the below screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9636822/jsonxss.png During manual...

Last updated: Nov 28, 2016 04:19AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

In the active scan, sqli and judgment has a problem

My English is not good. In the active scan, (and 1=1) and (and 1=2 ) The returned result is different but the scan Not detected There is a problem

Last updated: Nov 21, 2016 09:14AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Hard-to-read HTML pages such as Extender and Documentation

I just noticed that most of the internally-accessible BurpSuite documentation isn't being shown correctly on my installation, as well as the Extender tool is difficult to read since the HTML source code is shown...

Last updated: Nov 18, 2016 10:38PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 4 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Project looses data

I used burp 1.7.10 for a whole day without problems. I created a new project and at the end of the day i just closed burp without any errors or problems. The 2nd day i opened the same project and everything was fine, no...

Last updated: Nov 14, 2016 09:29AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

XSS False positive

I have some reflected XSS reported as high+certain when actually there's no vulnerability. There is a specific header (anti Csrf) which is added by some js on page. Since a request from another domain won't be able to add...

Last updated: Nov 09, 2016 09:32AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

negotiate authentication trouble

i'm used Burp Suite Professional last V i try to login website with negotiate authentication Burp Suite don't accept negotiate authentication how can i fix that ??

Last updated: Nov 03, 2016 11:08AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Target of CONNECT Sends Data First, Data not seen by Client; Expected?

Four scenarios: 1) Client -> Target 2) Client -> Squid -> Target 3) Client -> Burp Proxy (CONNECT) -> Target 4) Client -> Burp -> Squid -> Target * The underlying communications between the client and target in not...

Last updated: Nov 01, 2016 05:05PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Suite 1.7.08 Infected/Backdoored?

burpsuite_pro_v1.7.08.jar MD5: eb98fc4432cff3e288afd2bd2b6b3661 SHA256:...

Last updated: Oct 31, 2016 08:51AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 145 of 155

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image