Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Request never complete

Using burp free with OSX 10.10 (also tried in a kali VM using OSX as the host os) I've set up burp now in several different browsers, trusting the SSL certs and all even using the plug-n-hack plugin on firefox to auto...

Last updated: May 05, 2015 09:16AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Unable to type anything on any field

Any field that requires me to type anything, does not accept any input. I am using OS X 10.10.2, with Java version 1.8.0_40, and Burp Suite is at v1.6.17. For example, when I go to options-Connections and check to do...

Last updated: Apr 29, 2015 07:51AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

intruder tab problem

Dear's i was using the app normally then restart the machine after that i tried to open the intruder tab the sub tabs is dim and cant add any data. i need your help as soon as possible please. Screenshot...

Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 09:04PM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 6 Community replies | Bug Reports

File Ownership Not Returned

Hello, I am playing with the MDSEC training lab for the Java Applet input validation bypass. As part of this I was using the right click 'Paste from File' option to inject my modified client. While this worked it looks...

Last updated: Apr 22, 2015 02:53PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

BurpSuite not running on Java version 8u45, had to downgrade to 7u75

Hi, I recently tried running BurpSuite (current version) and was unable to run it with Java 8u45. I downgraded Java to 7u75 and it worked again. Has anyone else seen this error? # A fatal error has been detected by the...

Last updated: Apr 20, 2015 08:37AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Spider this branch

Scans the branch, then the rest of the directory tree.

Last updated: Apr 15, 2015 09:07AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Not tracking extension properly

Extender > BApp Store None of the Installed boxes are checked. But if select certain extensions like .NET Beautifier, under the description the Install button is greyed out.

Last updated: Apr 15, 2015 09:06AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Discover content requests out-of-scope item

In Target > Scope I've set "Exclude in scope" to be as follows: ^/auth/logout.* However, despite this "Content discovery" appears to request /auth/logout causing the discovery session to be logged out. A workaround...

Last updated: Apr 15, 2015 09:05AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

XML and XPath false positives in scanner module

The scanner module reports XML and XPath false positives when it finds certain strings (e.g. xmlschema, ajaxpath) in the the response of automated scans, but it does not consider when those same strings were already present...

Last updated: Apr 15, 2015 09:00AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Hidden API for IHttpRequestResponse objects?

Hello, I found a suprising behavior in the Extender API (using Jython). Because of a typo, I called getUrl() on some IHttpRequestResponse objects... and it worked! Given the API documentation (both online...

Last updated: Apr 14, 2015 09:30AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Window issues on Mac OS 10.10

On Mac OS 10.10, when Burp Free is running, it doesn't show up in the dock, or in the command-tab window switcher. So it's difficult to switch to it. When you minimize it, its window does show up in the dock. But then...

Last updated: Apr 13, 2015 03:55PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Java RE 6 Required?

I am in my 14-day evaluation period of Burp Suite. Yesterday I attempted to test a site via https; Burp Suite would not perform the test using Java RE version 8. I had to downgrade to version 6 of the JRE ( a version chock...

Last updated: Apr 13, 2015 07:47AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Automatic Backup's and Save State not working.

Hi, I'm currently running Burp Pro 1.6.12 on a Windows 7 machine. I have allocated Burp 2GB of ram and am using Java (build 1.7.0_75-b13). I have not been able to make a test for this bug that can be reproduced, but I...

Last updated: Apr 01, 2015 11:23AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp closes itself with zero exit code and no exceptions nor output

This is the output of running Burp under strace: https://gist.github.com/berdario/97c3a973a78e7c081a34 And this is the output with strace...

Last updated: Mar 31, 2015 12:31PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Bug in Site map tab while showing only items in scope.

While showing only items in scope, if we activate the flags "Show only requested items" and "Show only parameterized requests" and disable them again, the Site map no longer show only items in scope, but show other requests....

Last updated: Mar 25, 2015 08:24AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 5 Community replies | Bug Reports

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column index not detected by active scanner

Hi, while working on an application with the active scanner of Burp 1.6.12 a lot of possible SQL injections like: -------------- SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE. Please refer to your system administration<br>FooException:...

Last updated: Mar 18, 2015 09:52PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Failed to parse the content of the page for SQL Injection indications in the passive scanner

Suppose the following scenario: I access a particular page, and in the body of the page you have a MySQL syntax error with the SQL query. The base request is always the same, it already has the SQL query in the...

Last updated: Mar 17, 2015 09:24PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

File dialog paths across the application

Burp seems to maintain the same file path through-out the application. If would be useful if the last save/restore file location was stored separately to the load intruder payloads path.

Last updated: Mar 17, 2015 02:19PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

recieving smart card error "card was detected but not the right one..."

I just started to receive a smart card error when attempting to load my smart card certificates to burp. I have been using the p11-capi.dll successfully for some time. The error I receive from the card manager follows. "A...

Last updated: Mar 17, 2015 01:49PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Escaping Help

Hi, Not sure if this should fall under "Bug Reports" or "Feature Requests" so please move if needed. Anyway, when looking at Burp's built in help (by clicking on the "?" mark) it pops up in a small window. I can not...

Last updated: Mar 16, 2015 09:29AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 141 of 142

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image