Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Burp Suite Professional v1.7.03 can't create a new project on Windows Server 2012 R2

Oscar | Last updated: May 17, 2016 09:30AM UTC

In Burp Suite Professional v1.7.03 I can't create a new project on Windows Server 2012 R2. Error message: "Note: Disk-based projects are not supported on 32-bit operating systems." I'm using 64-bit operating system with Java SE Development Kit 8u91 for Windows x64. It works perfectly on WIndows 10 as well.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 17, 2016 09:31AM UTC

Hi Oscar Thanks for your message. It could be that your machine is running a 32-bit version of Java. You could try checking your Java version and updating it to the latest 64-bit Oracle version if this is the case.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 10, 2016 08:19AM UTC

Dear Experienced similar behavior, just posting it to confirm the proposed solution by Liam Tai-Hogan works: The combination of * Windows 7 Professional 64-bit * Burp Suite Professional 1.7.07 * Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 32-bit resulted in error message "Note: Disk-based projects are not supported on 32-bit operating systems." solved by upgrading to a 64-bit version of the Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment. Regards Sebastiaan

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 10, 2016 08:52AM UTC

Hi Prateek, Thanks for your message. I wonder if you have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java installed on your system? It may be that the default changed recently, perhaps just to a Java update. Ideally, use the Burp Platform Installer. Alternatively, remove all 32-bit Java from your system. If that's not possible, use the command like to start burp, e.g. c:\path\to\java -jar ls burpsuite_pro_v1.7.27.jar If you still having difficulty, please send some screenshots of task manager. Find Burp (or Java) in Task Manager, right-click, Go to details, then right-click and Properties. We'll review the screenshots to see how we can advise further.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 22, 2017 09:14AM UTC

I am also facing quite similar problem from last few days. I am not able to use "New Project On Disk" & "Open Existing Project" feature, they are disabled. I am running it on windows 10 with 64 bit java. This problem never came earlier, I have been using burp on same platform for last many months. Please let me know ahet could be wrong here. Thanks

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.