Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Missing identification of response splitting vulnerability

We found a that Burp Suite it doesn't test response splitting vulnerability. For example: www.example.com/about.php?date=%0D%0ATest%3A%20no If the HTTP response get the additional header "Test: no" should be...

Last updated: Jul 20, 2015 03:18PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Extender API JavaDoc is Down

Hello, The Burp Extender API JavaDoc link (https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/index.html) currently returns a 404. Thanks, Robbie

Last updated: Jul 10, 2015 05:08PM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Missing identification of SQL injection

Dear Sir, we identified a missing identification of Blind SQL injection on some specific parameter. The SQL injection is presented on a single parameter of a POST request. Like par=pluto par=pluto -> result...

Last updated: Jul 09, 2015 08:12AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Session Handling - determine session validity not working because of Redirect

Hello, I have an application which (by design) logs the user out (by redirecting to login page) when inputs don't have a valid value. I need to use the Session Handling to re-login. The log out detection in Burp is...

Last updated: Jul 02, 2015 11:44AM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

ITextEditor.getText() deadlock

Hi guys, First off, keep up the great work and I hope to meet you guys in Vegas for DC. I have a small issue with BurpSuite due to the way my plugin is making calls between the FX and Swing thread. I understand FX is not...

Last updated: Jun 30, 2015 08:09AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

IMessageEditorController.getRequest() and .getResponse() race condition(?) in Intruder

Hi again, I am experiencing a strange race bug(?) in the Intruder result output window. For some reason, when viewing an HTTP response in a custom IMessageEditorTab, the .getRequest() and .getResponse() methods return a...

Last updated: Jun 30, 2015 07:13AM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Collaborator External Service Interaction (DNS) - Mismatch in attack vector

There is a mismatch in the Collaborator External Service Interaction (DNS) between the URL inserted in the attack vector and the DNS request that Burp collaborator display in scanner result. One example...

Last updated: Jun 29, 2015 01:13PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

indexOutOfBoundsException in BurpSuite

Hello, I am trying to use BurpSuite_free_V1.6.01 with jdk 1.7.0_80 with the accessbridge enabled so I can use the JAWS screenreader with it. After starting burpsuite and opening firefox 31.1.1 which has been configured...

Last updated: Jun 29, 2015 12:39PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp closed without confirmation box

Hi, Not sure this can be considered as a bug but the feature needed to be improved. I launched the burp from cmd command line ( java -jar etc ) to increase the RAM allocation for the software. At one point, I accidentally...

Last updated: Jun 24, 2015 08:06AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Content view not picking up resource

I noticed the Contents View in site map sometimes does not pick up specific resources under certain conditions. Ex : An item has been identified during a spider scan as a GET request to /content/script, gets added...

Last updated: Jun 23, 2015 04:17PM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Different URLs in Target: Request, Raw and Site map URL

I recognized that the URL in Target, Site map is different from the URL in the Request, Raw window. Here is what is shown in the Site map window right above (list of all URLs): https://www._something_.com/ - GET -...

Last updated: Jun 19, 2015 08:08AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Exception on restore state

Trying to restore state on Burp Pro 1.6.18 the following exception occurred: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 3, Tab count: 1 at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.checkIndex(JTabbedPane.java:1768) at...

Last updated: Jun 17, 2015 11:08AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

invalid macros

Hello, we are experiencing problem with stored macros in Option -> Sessions. Macros work fine immediately after being recorded. But after some time (even days), stored Requests become invalid and empty - full of...

Last updated: Jun 16, 2015 02:18PM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Python extension unloading itself periodically

I have a toy Python extension that simply prints out all command-line arguments, and calls exitSuite if there were any to print. About 50% of the time that I run Burp Suite from the command prompt, there is no output and...

Last updated: Jun 15, 2015 12:56PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Extensions loading multiple times when restoring state

Whenever I restore a state file, it loads extensions multiple times. Burp 1.6.18, Java 8u45. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/sQ9EnMp

Last updated: Jun 10, 2015 02:02PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

UI - custom shortcuts - not working in detached tabs

Hi, when I set up custom keyboard shortcuts in Options:Misc:Hotkeys, they do not work in windows I detach using the Window:'Detach XY' submenu. Regards, igor

Last updated: Jun 09, 2015 03:09PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Possible bug in concrete class of IScanQueueItem

Hi, I think I may have discovered a small bug with the concrete implementation of the IScanQueueItem returned by the doActiveScan methods. When I try to access a method, I get the following error: Exception in thread...

Last updated: May 18, 2015 04:43PM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 6 Community replies | Bug Reports

Bug in IRequestInfo.getUrl()

Hello, There is a bug in IRequestInfo.getUrl() that is related to how the hostname is retrieved. Currently getUrl() uses the hostname specified in the target options instead of the Host header in the HTTP request....

Last updated: May 18, 2015 07:58AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp goes into headless mode with open jdk version 1.7.0_79

Hi, Whenever I run Burp Suite on my system it prints following message and goes headless (no splash screen even). If i delete .java/.userPrefs/burp folder, then it even prints the license agreement on the...

Last updated: May 18, 2015 07:51AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Proxy Listeners aren't visible

Hi, When I add a proxy listener on Proxy / Options / Proxy Listeners, I can't see the added listener on Burp GUI. So I can't edit or remove it with mouse cursor (cursor keys can help the scene). Burp Suite...

Last updated: May 06, 2015 01:50PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 140 of 142

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image