Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

SmartCard Client SSL Certificate

Hi, we have an internal setup where we use SmartCards for Authentication. In Burp 1.7 this worked like a charm but somewhere after the 2.0 upgrade something broke. At the last step (where you enter your PIN code) the...

Last updated: Feb 06, 2020 05:06PM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Issue with response from lab link

Hi, I am not getting any response back from one of the lab exercise link "https://acf11fe21f086c81803b383000780037.web-security-academy.net" when i am forwarding the intercepted traffic from burp back to this link. The...

Last updated: Feb 06, 2020 03:59PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Not able to log into certain websites while proxying through Burp

I've noticed on a number of engagements recently that I haven't been able to log in to certain sites (sensitive so unfortunately can't share). Generally if I click login nothing will happen. Browsing the rest of the site...

Last updated: Feb 06, 2020 04:33AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

[v2020.1/macOS 10.15.3] "Convert selection" not working in read-only request/response panels

In the latest 2020.1 version running on macOS installed with the .dmg installer and/or updated with the updater, the "Convert selection" menu item will not let one convert the selection inside the read-only request/response...

Last updated: Feb 05, 2020 08:03PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Scan results are not displayed properly on browser: IE, Edge and Firefox

Hello Team, We have triggered scan from Burp Enterprise. On IE, Edge or Firefox browser when we click the 'Site' from Scan Dashboard it opens Scan details page. There the details are seen overlap on these browser. It...

Last updated: Feb 04, 2020 03:20PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Date Modified Timestamp On Windows

Hi, While using burp 1.7.37 on Windows I noticed that the "Date Modified" field is not being updated after closing Burp Suite. I use version control system to upload the latest version of burp file to a repository and it...

Last updated: Feb 04, 2020 02:15PM UTC | 7 Agent replies | 5 Community replies | Bug Reports

Dark Theme - Buttons in Burp Collaborator not "changing" / "switching" when clicked...

Love the dark theme, but I think it's missing a small component. When using the dark theme, in the Burp Collaborator Client, buttons do not switch or change when I click them (lighter or darker would be fine). Simply put,...

Last updated: Feb 04, 2020 02:13PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

2020.1 New Editor Modifies Binary Data Unexpectedly

Hi, I noticed that editing a file upload request in repeater modifies the content of the file. To reproduce the issue, intercept a file upload and send to repeater. Then add a character in the editor and delete any...

Last updated: Feb 03, 2020 07:50AM UTC | 0 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Suite Pro showing wrong time

Under HTTP history the time of all requests are one hour late from the actual time. From diagnostics I can see "user.timezone America/Sao_Paulo" which is right. I believe this is a bug related our summer time which has...

Last updated: Jan 31, 2020 01:52PM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 3 Community replies | Bug Reports

Lab: Exploiting HTTP request smuggling to bypass front-end security controls, TE.CL vulnerability

Lab doesn't seem to be working for me, even when I follow the solution. Getting timeout errors. This is what I'm trying to use, host url is correct, target is correct, update content length is not checkmarked, and keey...

Last updated: Jan 30, 2020 10:00AM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Header information replaced in Proxy intercept but not in Target Scope

Hi I've set up an HTTP header replacement rule in Proxy > Options > Match and Replace and it works OK when looking at an intercepted request in the Proxy > Intercept > Raw window. However, when I forward the request and...

Last updated: Jan 29, 2020 03:31PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

[webacademy] Bug in explanation of blind SQLi

There is a bug in section 'Exploiting blind SQL injection by triggering conditional responses', page https://portswigger.net/web-security/sql-injection/blind. Initial query is SELECT TrackingId FROM TrackedUsers WHERE...

Last updated: Jan 29, 2020 02:29PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Burp Profession Scan missing HIGH Severity Issue

Hi, I have scanned same application in Burp Professional v2 and Burp Enterprise Edition v1.0.15beta but as per the reports Burp Pro is missing in HIGH Severity i.e. SQL issue in report whereas Enterprise Report is...

Last updated: Jan 27, 2020 02:53PM UTC | 3 Agent replies | 2 Community replies | Bug Reports

Bugs

Any pieces of the puzzle that can be found?

Last updated: Jan 25, 2020 08:48PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

installation on mac throws java error

same issue using the dmg installer or jar file directly Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: class com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.LoadResponseFileAction cannot be cast to class...

Last updated: Jan 23, 2020 08:15AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Repeater 'Send' button acting differently for WebSockets

Hello, in the HTTP version of Repeater, clicking on the 'Send' button (or using the corresponding hotkey, here 'Ctrl + G') sets the focus on the request editor. However, the exact same action in the WebSockets version of...

Last updated: Jan 22, 2020 12:00PM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Jenkins scan giving error 'Build step failed with exception java.io.IOException:...'

Hello Team, We are scanning one application from Jenkins using plugin: Burp Scan. If we scan the application from Burp Enterprise then scanning is happening, where as when we try to scan same application from Jenkins...

Last updated: Jan 21, 2020 11:15AM UTC | 2 Agent replies | 1 Community replies | Bug Reports

False Negative in AngularJS XSS?

Hello, I've a vulnerable Web application where injection inside an AngularJS 1.0.0 context is possible. That leads to a XSS via {{...}}, that is easily exploitable. I know that, at some point, Burp Suite managed to...

Last updated: Jan 21, 2020 10:01AM UTC | 4 Agent replies | 5 Community replies | Bug Reports

Need clarification on the Burp Suite Pro

Hi, We have one of the clients requesting for document sign off, Can you please clarify the attached for Burp Suite Pro? Is there any partners who can deliver the training on this tool, can you please connect to...

Last updated: Jan 20, 2020 10:01AM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Confirmed false-negative related to AngularJS XSS

Hi! Creating a new ticket given that the previous one 1) doesn't in my cases 2) isn't very clear https://support.portswigger.net/customer/en/portal/questions/17690810-false-negative-in-angularjs-xss- Burp Suite will...

Last updated: Jan 17, 2020 01:39PM UTC | 1 Agent replies | 0 Community replies | Bug Reports

Page 107 of 142

Burp Suite Support Center

Your source for help and advice on all things Burp-related.

Burp Suite Support Center image