Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error on scanning with Burp suite Professional v2020.6

Nikolaos | Last updated: Jul 13, 2020 03:58PM UTC

Hi, after upgrading to v2020.6 I see the following issues: by selecting to scan one website ( default options, right click on the URL scan, 'Crawl and audit' ) the following will happen in most of the cases: 1. Scan (crawl and audit) will be queued and shown as task on the Dashboard 2. Scan (crawl and audit) will show the endless loop progress bar mentioning - 1 request ( 1 errors ) 3. Event log below will show the following message: 'Audit completed' The process will remain as it is even after several hours. Reverting back to version v2020.5.1 and loading the same project file will show no issues and the same action will proceed as expected.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 14, 2020 08:59AM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. Is this happening with all sites or just certain ones? Would you be happy to send us some screenshots or a screen recording to support@portswigger.net to help us replicate the issue?

Nikolaos | Last updated: Jul 14, 2020 02:53PM UTC

Hello, on certain sites. I will try to make some screenshots and send them.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 15, 2020 08:47AM UTC

Thank you, we'll take a closer look once we get the email

Nikolaos | Last updated: Jul 24, 2020 06:20PM UTC

Hi, Updating here the appears when a website is using a different port other than 80/443 and the default options on Scan type for the protocol settings is selected. It seems that a probe will be send to check http/https (80/443) ports and if that is found to be closed the crawl will end immediately. Changing the Protocol settings to 'Scan using my specified protocols' will alter the behavior and the crawl will proceed normally with no issues. I hope this will help others as well.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 27, 2020 07:37AM UTC

Thanks for the update!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.