Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

PortSwigger Certificate invalid

John | Last updated: Feb 04, 2018 09:34AM UTC

(I'm using macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and Burp Suite Community Edition v1.7.32) I've followed the instructions to install the Burp Certificate (https://support.portswigger.net/customer/portal/articles/1783085-Installing_Installing%20CA%20Certificate%20-%20Chrome.html) but I still get a security error when I try to visit any URL with both chrome and safari and it won't let me bypass it! The error says something like: "The connection isn't private". In my keychain the PortSwigger certificate is marked in red and it says that it's not trusted. Anyone has any idea why this is happening? (It was just working fine until couple months ago, then I updated Burp and now I can't do anything)

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 05, 2018 08:16AM UTC

Hi John, Thanks for your message. Sounds like you need to set the certificate to "Always trust". If that doesn't work, please remove the certificate, then install it again, taking care to follow the instructions precisely. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.