Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Zscaler blocking the burp suite interactions

sathish | Last updated: Mar 28, 2024 05:05PM UTC

Hi Team, We are facing the issue that Zscaler is blocking the burp suite interactions like being unable to add extensions and use collaborators. On troubleshooting this issue we observe this seems to be an SSL issue, Burp is not trusting the Zscaler certificate. As a temporary solution we tried checking by disabling the SSL verification on Zscaler and it's working, but it's no longer secure communication, we are looking for permanent solution on this. Could you tell us how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 29, 2024 09:38AM UTC

Hi We have received your email concerning this issue and have responded to it. For transparency's sake, in case any other users are experiencing this issue as well, I will add my reply here: It sounds like you would need to import the Zscaler Root CA cert into the Java cert store that Burp uses. You can find the path for your JDK by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp and looking at the path specified by "java.home". From there, you would need to use keytool to import the certificate into the truststore contained in the "lib/security/" folder.

sathish | Last updated: Mar 29, 2024 12:54PM UTC

Hi, Pls guide us on how to use key-tool to do that? Do we need to install JDK first to get the keytool right?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 01, 2024 08:08AM UTC

Hi Sathish I have responded to your email about this issue. Please reply there so we can better keep track of the conversation, and it also makes it easier to send any files and screenshots if needed. Thank you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.