Burp Suite User Forum

Xcode IOS Simulator

Eric | Last updated: May 17, 2020 05:55AM UTC

I set the proxy in the system settings to point both HTTP and HTTPS to 127.0.0.1:8080 and trusted the portswigger cert. so I know things are working in Chrome fine as I’m able to intercept. I didn’t even utilize foxyproxy. However, I can’t get Safari to work at all. I’m testing an app through xcodes IOS simulator, where I have fully trusted the portswigger cert as well. However, when browsing with just safari in IOS, again, I can’t get anywhere. So, it’s kind of showing me that it might be a browser related issue, however, even the apps in the simulator doesn’t work. I’ve googled for about a full day and can’t seem find much at all so I resorted to reaches out here in hopes someone knows. Thank you!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 18, 2020 05:28PM UTC

Hi Eric, Just to confirm, you are able to successfully proxy traffic from a Chrome browser - is this browser running within iOS or on the same physical machine as Burp?

Eric | Last updated: May 18, 2020 07:55PM UTC

Correct. The Chrome browser is on MacOS.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2020 04:53PM UTC

Hi, Are you able to email us at support@portswigger.net and provide some screenshots of the settings that you are using within Burp and your Xcode simulator so that we can take a look? Are you receiving any errors in either the browser or Burp when you try and browse with the iOS Safari browser?

Eric | Last updated: May 19, 2020 07:23PM UTC

Absolutely. I'll get an email prepped shortly. No errors that I'm seeing in the iOS Safari browser, other than a page never loading and the lock icon not showing to be secure, even when I have the cert trusted in the profile on the iOS simulator. I see in Burp that my requests are happening, but when I forward, the iOS browser only ever shows a white blank page. The same thing happen on the macOS side w/ Safari.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 20, 2020 10:53AM UTC

Thanks Eric. We will take a look at your email.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.