Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

While Intercept is on, can not focus Burp's window

olpka | Last updated: Aug 21, 2023 09:23PM UTC

Hi I'm using Fedora 38 with Gnome 44.3 While intercepting my traffic from Firefox by "Intercept is on" under the Proxy, after clicking a link, I do <alt + tab> to switch to Burp, but Burp's window does not gain focus, and I can not edit the response. In fact I can not edit any input field in the application. But when I switch back to Firefox's window second time and then switch to Burp, Burp's window begins to gain focus. This happens every time after clicking a link on Firefox while intercepting my traffic, and switching to Burp's window afterwards. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 22, 2023 09:36AM UTC

Hi Do you experience the same issue when using the embedded browser? Which version of Burp are you using?

olpka | Last updated: Aug 22, 2023 10:56AM UTC

When using the embedded browser, Burp's window gains focus automatically, but stays at the background. I'm using Burp Suite Community Edition v2023.9.2

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 22, 2023 12:55PM UTC

Hi Are you able to provide a screen recording of this happening, as we have not been able to replicate the issue yet? Additionally, could you send me your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. You can send this information to support@portswigger.net. Thank you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.