Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

where are the burp logs located?

Anderson | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 12:24AM UTC

I'm stigging the burp application. I need to review the burp logs to make sure burp logs certain events such as application server startup, successful/unsuccessful attempts, system authentication etc. Can you let me know where I can find all the burp logs?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 07:30AM UTC

Are you looking at this for Burp Suite Professional or Burp Suite Enterprise?

Anderson | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 11:59AM UTC

Burp enterprise.

Anderson | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 11:59AM UTC

Burp enterprise.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 03:27PM UTC

By default you can find the logs for Entperise in C:\ProgramData\BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition on Windows and /var/log/BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition/ on Linux. There is a separate log file for each day, and the current day's log file does not contain a date The agent log files can be found on the agent machine

Anderson | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 04:23PM UTC

Thanks.

Ericka | Last updated: Aug 22, 2020 02:11PM UTC

Hi - i am having same concern but with burp pro. Can you tell me where to look for the same logs in burp pro? Thanks! I tried c:\ProgramData but burp pro folder is not there

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 24, 2020 08:00AM UTC

Burp Professional does not have the same log files. What kind of information are you trying to obtain? If you want to see the requests/responses sent and received during a scan you might find the Logger++ extension useful.

Ericka | Last updated: Aug 24, 2020 10:50AM UTC

Hi Michelle - I would like to know when the burp tool is “pausing due to an error..” or if “scan successfully finished”

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 24, 2020 02:42PM UTC

Hi The status of the scan will be displayed against each task in the Dashboard in Burp Suite Professional. If a scan has been launched via the REST API then you can also request the status of the same scan via the REST API. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Ericka | Last updated: Aug 25, 2020 02:47AM UTC

Hi Michelle The reason i need the scan status is for use with a monitoring tool which will help me determine if my remote scan is having issues or already completed. Do you know where this scan status gets recorded other than displayed in the dashboard? Also, i noticed that these status disappear whenever I reopen the burp scan. Is there a way where i can retain all info regarding the scan status in a project file?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 25, 2020 11:23AM UTC

Can you tell us a bit more about your workflow so we can see how best we can help, please? Are you launching scans via the UI or the REST API? Are you saving each separate scan to a new project file? If you'd prefer to share this detail directly rather than on the forum, feel free to send an email to support@portswigger.net

Jagadeesan | Last updated: Jul 14, 2021 02:52PM UTC

Hi Michelle, I am also in same situation. I am initiating the scan from REST API in headless mode. Problem is REST API is not showing exact completed percentage in scanner status. Its showing either 0% or 100%. Suppose scan is not completed due to some network issue or application request timeout issue, Rest API still shows 0%. Is there any option to check the status of the scanner from any log files?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 16, 2021 07:40AM UTC

Hi, The REST API should show an exact percentage of progress, in the current scanning phase, in the 'crawl_and_audit_progress' parameter when you query the /scan/[task_id: String] endpoint. The 'crawl_and_audit_caption' should provide you with details of what phase the scan is currently in.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.