Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

when i try to open burpsuite i get following error

Palanichamy | Last updated: Sep 20, 2020 02:45PM UTC

hi, i have checked for my java configuration update-alternatives --config java There is only one alternative in link group java (providing /usr/bin/java): /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java Nothing to configure. ****************************************************************** then try to open burpsuite via terminal command:burpsuite Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: burp/StartBurp has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:468) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:355) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351) at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:601) could you help me to resolve this issue? also can you give instructions with proper commands? my os kali linux 64 bit, debian

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 21, 2020 08:04AM UTC

Hi, What version of Burp are you trying to use? The latest versions of Burp no longer support the use of Java 8 so you would need to obtain an updated version of Java.

Palanichamy | Last updated: Sep 21, 2020 09:29AM UTC

yes thanks for your reply. can you tell how do update latest version? i means whats the commands? What version of Burp are you trying to use? tried for latest version can you tell me the command to update java and burp working?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 21, 2020 11:35AM UTC

There are details of how to obtain and install later versions of OpenJDK on the following page: https://openjdk.java.net/install/index.html

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.