Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

What can i do to resolve this issue "Secure Connection Failed"

Kishor | Last updated: Nov 09, 2021 06:11PM UTC

I am using firefox in kali linux,i have imported my certificates and also configured my browser...all went well yesterday i was able to accesse both HTTP and HTTPS sites..but all of a sudden when i used it today it shows the error An error occurred during a connection to academy.hackthebox.eu. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. I cannot acces any website both (HTTP and HTTPS).i use the configuration (127.0.0.1:8080)....Please suggest me any solutions

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 10, 2021 08:14AM UTC

Hi Kishor, Have you tried completely removing the existing Burp CA Certificate that you have installed in your Firefox browser, regenerating the certificate by clicking the 'Regenerate CA certificate' button under Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listeners within Burp and then obtaining and installing a copy of this newly regenerated certificate?

Sreedevi | Last updated: Sep 21, 2022 08:15PM UTC

i have the same issue. I am not able to enter into https://burp as well to regenerate the certificate. Please give me a solution

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 22, 2022 09:31AM UTC

Hi Sreedevi, What are you seeing when you attempt to browse to http://burp? If you are having issues with obtaining the certificate from the browser, have you configured the proxy settings in your browser to match those for the Burp Proxy Listener that you have configured under Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listeners? You can regenerate the certificate via the Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listeners -> Regenerate CA certificate button within Burp. You can also then obtain the certificate directly from Burp by using the 'Import / export CA certificate' which is located in the Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listeners section of Burp (this will launch a wizard and you would need to select the 'Export -> Certificate in DER format' option and follow the screens in the wizard).

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.