Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Webinspect extension issue

Adeshina | Last updated: Dec 07, 2022 01:26AM UTC

Hello, I have been using the burp extension for Webinspect for about the last 12 months. It allows me to attach findings from burp scans to Webinspect scans. Lately, the extension has stopped working and I can no longer send issues from burp to my Webinspect server. I verified that the Webinspect server is working properly. I noticed this issue after a burp update was applied, cant really remember which version. I am able to connect to the Webinspect API from burp and display, open scans. But when I try to attach an issue to a scan it does not work. As part of my troubleshooting process, I reverted to a very old version of burp professional and everything worked just fine with the Webinspect extension. I guess is that one of the burp updates may have broke the extension or prevent something from working properly. Can you please investigate the issue and provide a solution?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 07, 2022 09:06AM UTC

Hi Do you receive any error messages in your extension tab? If you use v2022.8.5 of Burp, is the extension still working as expected? Is the extension then not working in versions later than that?

Adeshina | Last updated: Dec 08, 2022 02:35PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your reply. How do I reverse back to version v2022.8.5? I am on version v2022.11.4. It does not return any error message in the extension tab. Thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2022 08:37AM UTC

You can find our latest and previous releases here: https://portswigger.net/burp/releases Please let us know how you get on!

Adeshina | Last updated: Dec 09, 2022 06:35PM UTC

Hello, I tested in version v2022.8.5 and everything seems to be working just fine.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 12, 2022 09:53AM UTC

Thanks for trying that out! Unfortunately, this extension was last updated in 2016, which is from before our current BApp Store practices. This means that the source code for this extension has not been publicly released, so we can't investigate this further. Normally, extensions will have their source code publicly available on GitHub. We'd recommend contacting the extension author to report this issue to them. As part of the extension description in the BApp Store, there is a contact email available (fortifytechsupport@hpe.com). If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

Adeshina | Last updated: Dec 12, 2022 10:16PM UTC

Thank you

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.