The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Web pages stop working after 5 to 10 minutes of using burp suite

hacking | Last updated: Dec 14, 2023 03:04AM UTC

I am writing to seek assistance regarding a recurring issue I am facing with Burp Suite. After a few minutes of usage, all websites I go on no longer load, and I am unable to identify the problem. After a while it just loads the no internet connection screen saying there is a error with the proxy server.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 14, 2023 07:49AM UTC

Hi John Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the following so we can better help: - Could you send me your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. - Can you please take a screenshot of the Event Log (with the debug filter enabled) after encountering the browser error? - Are you using the embedded browser or an external browser proxied through Burp? - Could you run a Burp browser health check and send us a screenshot of the output? You can find this by going to "Help > Health check for Burp's browser" within Burp. - Can you screenshot the browser page once you receive the error message?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.