Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

We are trying to get Burp Suite Enterprise to run using a TLS certificate and having some problems.

William | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 02:06PM UTC

We created a certificate that was a P12 certificate and I exported it from the servers certificate store. It was exported as a pfx type and I renamed it to P12. PFX was the only type I could export it as. I also added a password to the certificate when I exported it. When I tried to import it into the Burp Suite Enterprise using the "Network: area an error was thrown "Invalid certificate, must be .P12" How do I get this certificate imported? I also, tried changing the port from 8080 to a different port as suggested by the Burp Suite Enterprise interface. It changed it, but now I can't get into Burp Suite Enterprise anymore, how can I change the port back and can you tell what that port was. I was the first option on the dropdown list. Thanks, Glenn

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 03:52PM UTC

Hi Glenn, Are you able to send us an email at support@portswigger.net with a screenshot of the error that you are seeing for the certificate? Can you also provide us with some more details of where and how you exported the original pfx certificate? pfx and p12 are both PKCS #12 files so renaming should work. What operating system are you using? If you navigate into the directory that you installed Burp Enterprise in (this will vary depending upon your operating system) there should be a subdirectory structure entitled webServer/2020.11-5632 (if you are using the latest version of Enterprise). Within here there should be a web-server.config file that tells you the current port being used to access the Enterprise UI - what happens if you then use this port in your browser to try to connect i.e. if the "port" value is set to 8087 use http://127.0.0.1:8087 in your browser to try and reach the Burp Enterprise UI?

William | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 04:34PM UTC

OK, First thanks for getting back so fast. The Operating system is Windows Server 2016. I exported the certificate from from certlm. I sent an email with the log file in it.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 05:31PM UTC

I just wanted to let you know we've received the log file, we'll take a look through and be in touch.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.