Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

View viewstate's data

Sidharthan | Last updated: Nov 30, 2020 09:11AM UTC

In older version of Burp, i have observed that burp will show a tab "Viewstate" when working with application using viewstate. However the latest version of burp (i.e. v2020.11.2) does not do the same. Is there a way to view viewstate's data ?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 30, 2020 10:09AM UTC

Hi Sidharthan, The ViewState tab was removed in an earlier version of Burp so it is not possible to reinstate this in the latest versions. Having said that, we have had other users ask about this functionality so we do have a feature request in our development backlog to reintroduce the ViewState tab. I will add your interest to this feature request so that we can accurately monitor the demand for this. We will update this forum thread if we have any further news to share.

Minh | Last updated: Dec 25, 2020 04:03AM UTC

+1 reinstate

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2021 12:20PM UTC

We have just released an extension in the BApp Store for displaying and editing ViewState data. You can find it on the BApp Store here: https://portswigger.net/bappstore/ba17d9fb487448b48368c22cb70048dc

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.