Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

V1.7.17 and v1.7.16 Issues in Target Tab

Iswarya | Last updated: Feb 01, 2017 08:09PM UTC

When you run active scan and look at the scan queue, 2 issues found and I come back to the target tab and click on the target and don't see any issues listed in the issues box. In the previous versions this wasn't a problem. A bug probably? Thanks! Iswarya

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 02, 2017 09:03AM UTC

Are the items at which the issues were reported hidden from view by the site map display filter? This is the default for images, etc. Try changing the display filter to show all items and see if the issues reappear.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 05, 2018 08:35AM UTC

I have the same issue. It is hard to propose reliable way to reproduce, but in my case it mostly happens when scope is limited to specific endpoint (like microservice). For instance: - issue single request via Burp to some specific microservice; - add it (and only it) to the scope; - do some checks, automated scans, whatever; - some findings appears in “scanner” tab; - nothing (or just couple of..) findings are in “site map” tab at the corresponding host tree line. So the problem is: copy-paste all identified findings from "issues" view in "Target"/"Site Map". Export issues wizard shows all the findings.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 05, 2018 12:36PM UTC

Hi Pavel, Thanks for letting us know about this. I've just experimented with a few scenarios and the Target Issues are working correctly for me. One thing to be aware of is the filter in Site Map. If you're having difficulty I recommend you change this and click "Show All". With that filter I could not find a scenario like you mention that showed this behavior. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.