Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

using Burp Suite Professional using cli

Suraj | Last updated: Jun 25, 2024 12:02PM UTC

Hi @team, I'm trying to use burp suite professional trail version through cli and using "java -Xmx1G -Djava.awt.headless=true -classpath burpsuite_pro.jar burp.StartBurp --unpause-spider-and-scanner --project-file=C:\Users\Downloads\api_scan_project.burp --config-file=C:\Users\Downloads\config.json --use-defaults " command to run a scan through cli an pop-up is Generated to enter the product key and when I paste the key issued by burp suite professional getting error as "The supplied license key was not recognized. Please try re-entering your license key"

Suraj | Last updated: Jun 25, 2024 12:05PM UTC

when the same key is used in help->license-> update key then its working

Suraj | Last updated: Jun 25, 2024 12:05PM UTC

through UI but not through cli

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 25, 2024 12:16PM UTC

Hi Suraj, Are you able to clarify what happens when you attempt to launch Burp using the commands detailed on the page below: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/troubleshooting/launch-from-command-line In addition to the above, what version of Java are you using to run Burp in this manner?

Suraj | Last updated: Jun 25, 2024 12:58PM UTC

using java 22.0.1

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 26, 2024 07:43AM UTC

Hi Suraj, If you use Java 21 in conjunction with the commands noted in the link I provided earlier does this allow you to launch Burp via the command line?

Suraj | Last updated: Jul 06, 2024 04:57PM UTC

No, asking for product key, and when I add the key provided for trial version its not accepting but when I use it with UI its accepting the key

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 08, 2024 07:35AM UTC

Hi Suraj, Can you confirm the updated command you are now attempting to run when you see this behaviour?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.