Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

username and password word list for pen tester exam do not work

Gbade | Last updated: Jun 27, 2022 09:52AM UTC

Login unsuccessful when using the usernames and passwords word lists provided by portswigger for the pen tester exam. So, I used cluster bomb in burp intruder with the username and password list provided for the exam. And I did not get any 200 or 302. All the responses were in the 400s statuses. Just to let you know that this might be an issue with burp intruder.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 27, 2022 10:51AM UTC

Hi William. Which exam are you attempting?

Gbade | Last updated: Jun 28, 2022 08:49AM UTC

The exam is Burp Suite Certified Practitioner

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 28, 2022 09:28AM UTC

We've done some testing with Intruder and haven't encountered any issues. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Gbade | Last updated: Jun 28, 2022 09:37AM UTC

Are you saying that if I run that intruder again on username and password with cluster bomb I will get something other than 400s status responses for one or more users?

Gbade | Last updated: Jun 28, 2022 10:13AM UTC

Have you tested the username and password combination on the practice test to see if you get a 302 or 200 status? That would be the true test.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 28, 2022 11:43AM UTC

We've tested the functionality of Burp Intruder in the latest stable version, as you suggested in your first message that there might be an issue with Intruder. Do you think the issue is with the practice exam?

Gbade | Last updated: Jun 28, 2022 01:29PM UTC

Yes, I think the issue is with the practice exam and the live exam.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 29, 2022 09:44AM UTC

The exams are passing in our testing. If you'd like to provide us with more screenshots and evidence of the issue you are encountering, you can email us via suppprt@portswigger.net. Thanks!

Gbade | Last updated: Jun 30, 2022 11:51AM UTC

Can I send you a short video by email?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 30, 2022 12:27PM UTC

Sure, you can email us via support@portswigger.net. Could you reference this thread when you contact us, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.