Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

User Interface - List Corruption

David | Last updated: Jul 25, 2016 02:05PM UTC

There have been some quite irritating UI bugs that have appeared in the past couple of releases... The Interception panel does not get automatically updated, the intercepted request pane is only displayed after clicking within the pane itself. When there is a list display, sometimes the contents of the list will get corrupted when the current selection changes (especially apparent when using the up/down cursor keys to navigate the list). This will occur in many places including the HTTP History panel, target tree and even smaller lists such as the Intruder payload options lists. I am running Kali Rolling, OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-8u91-b14-2-b14) and Burp 1.7.03 Although it is just a display issue (rather than actual modification of data), it can get quite confusing sometimes.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 26, 2016 07:56AM UTC

Hi David Thanks for your message. This isn't an issue we have encountered previously. We've attempted to recreate the issue and so far been unsuccessful. Have you tried using Oracle Java?

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 26, 2016 01:19PM UTC

I've just tried and switching to Oracle Java seems to have fixed it. I've never previously had a Burp problem and OpenJDK so never suspected it as the problem. Thanks.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.