Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Use camera in chromium

Andrei | Last updated: Jul 22, 2024 10:06AM UTC

Hi, I am testing an app that requires interaction with the web camera. This seems to be disabled in chromium (possible via launch flags). How can I re-enable normal camera functionality instead of the fake one? Regards, Andrei

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 22, 2024 01:50PM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. It's not currently possible to change the flags that are used to launch the embedded browser. Are you performing manual testing on this site or looking to use Burp Scanner? What interaction is required via the camera? If you use an external copy of Chrome proxied via Burp are you able to interact successfully with the camera?

Andrei | Last updated: Jul 23, 2024 06:44AM UTC

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your response I am testing manual and I need to verify KYC functionality, so real camera data needs to be fed in. I indeed solve it with proxying from another browser but it would be easier if embedded Chromium would work. Regards, Andrie

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 23, 2024 01:19PM UTC

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear you have a workaround. This isn't something we've had many (if any) people asking for so far, so I'll keep an eye out for other people with similar scenarios.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.