Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

URLs not showing up in Target SiteMap

Akash | Last updated: Jul 23, 2018 07:53AM UTC

I am able to capture the requests via proxy, send it to Repeater and get a successful response too. But these requests are not showing up in the Target tab. May I know how do I address this?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 23, 2018 12:26PM UTC

Please check the filter in Site Map. To get started, try clicking the filter bar, then click "Show All" and you will see the requests you captured with Proxy.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 30, 2018 12:56PM UTC

I am also experiencing this. In my case I am seeing a generous amount of requests/responses within the Proxy -> HTTP history, but when I go to Target -> Sitemap these same requests/responses are not being reflected here. I took off any/all filters within the Sitemap and still the same result. I am seeing requests/responses within the sitemap but they are only a small fraction of what is being listed within the HTTP history. Any additional thoughts to address this?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 30, 2018 03:02PM UTC

Hi Keith, So, by design the Site Map only shows some requests. For example, if there are multiple GET requests to the same URL, Site Map only shows one of them - while Proxy History shows all of them. If Site Map is missing more than that - and you've set the filter to "Show all" - we'd be interested to see some screenshots as this might indicate a bug in the Site Map.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 05:29AM UTC

Hi, I am seeing a similar issues. Site Directories/Paths I manually browse to are not coming up in the site map, I can see them coming through the Proxy and in history The only way i have found to fill out the site map is use the scanner tool, which I do not want to do. I have tried, +Show all +Restarting burp

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 08:05AM UTC

Hi Vikki, thanks for the report. Would it be possible to send us screenshots of this occurring? You can send any relevant information to support@portswigger.net.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 12, 2018 12:00AM UTC

+1 Having this issue as well. Browsing manually though site, can see the requests through the proxy >HTTP History tab. The target tab however is not showing the pages coming through. Manually ran a scan(crawl only) and the target list started populating out. Not all pages were found and manually browsing to pages still does not update the target. Unfortunately I am unable to share a screenshot with this one but happy to answer any questions. Troubleshooting: - Clear filters with show all (no change) - Restart Burp (no change) - New burp state (Site works as expected) - Cleared temp files (no change) - Changed proxy port (no change)

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 12, 2018 12:06AM UTC

Quick additional comment Saving the state, generating a fresh state file and importing fixes the issue. My original burp state was created by Burp 1.x

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 12, 2018 07:29AM UTC

Ricky, do you have anything set in the filter bar? Have you tried the "Show all" function?

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 02, 2018 11:02AM UTC

I had the same issue, to solve it I did followed the suggestion of Ricky: 1) Quit burp 2) Delete your project 3) Open Burp and create a new project, preferably in a new location 4) Start to navigate, now it should work

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 02, 2018 12:05PM UTC

This is happening because when you re-open the project file, all the tasks are paused - including "Live passive crawl from Proxy". You can restart all the tasks by clicking the play button on the Tasks pane, next to "New live task"

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 16, 2018 07:12PM UTC

+1 for Paul's answer. Wish we could mark the answer/solution.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 17, 2018 09:15AM UTC

When this occurs with Burp 1 it's typically due to filters. Please set the filter to "Show all". Otherwise, it can happen if "Don't send items to Proxy history or live tasks, if out of scope" is enabled. There are a few other scenarios, although they are rare, such as pass-through SSL.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 20, 2018 06:25PM UTC

Hello all, same issue here. URLs are not showing up in Target Sitemap despite having filters set to "Show All". Proxy history works fine. Restarting burp or opening new project in a different location (as suggested by some of you) did not help. Is there any other way to resolve this issue? Please revert. Thanks.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 21, 2018 08:56AM UTC

+1 for Paul's answer. That was it.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 10, 2018 04:07PM UTC

I frequently experience this issue. Paul's solution appears to only be for Burp 2.x, although when this question was posted, Burp 2.x was not available. Is there a reason why certain requests would not show up in the Target tab 1.x? In many cases, a large number of in-scope requests are missing, and I don't have any other filters set.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.