Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Upload Scanner - ReDownloader not accessible

David | Last updated: Oct 09, 2022 10:54AM UTC

Hi all! Got a quick question for anybody using the Upload Scanner extension with Burp Suite Pro v2022.8.5. I've watched the instruction videos and it advises that if you want to use the ReDownloader functions, you need to sent your upload request to the Upload Scanner extension using the context menu (Right click request > Extensions > Upload Scanner > Send To Upload Scanner) which should create a new tab on the extension tab. I've tried this various times, but I get no new tab as instructed in the videos. I can see the extension was updated on 21st February 2022, so I'm wondering if that might have broke something? Any info would be great, this seems like an awesome extension and I'd like to make the most of it! Thank you :)

David | Last updated: Oct 09, 2022 11:03AM UTC

Looking further into it I can see the extension was developed by third party who is no longer developing - tragic news!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 11, 2022 07:52AM UTC

Hi David, You are correct in that the extensions are written by third party authors and we simply host them in the BApp Store for the benefit of our user base. Having said the above, I appear to be able to send requests to the Upload Scanner, which creates a new tab under the main Upload Scanner tab - do you have any screenshots to illustrate what you are seeing when you attempt this?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.