Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to show help due to Burp Browser Error

Rodriguez | Last updated: Jan 20, 2022 09:18AM UTC

Dear colleagues, I have subject message when I try to use Burp Help I run the advice of using Embedded Browser Health Check and resaults are: Checking platform supported Success Checking browser binaries Error Aborting checks due to errors. Embedded browser files were missing or corrupt: Missing manifest: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuitePro\burpbrowser\97.0.4692.71\manifest.properties Burp is updated Any help is welcome Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 20, 2022 02:02PM UTC

Hi Héctor, Are you able to email us at support@portswigger.net and include a screenshot of what is in the C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuitePro\burpbrowser\97.0.4692.71 directory on your machine? On the face of it, it sounds like the expected content of this directory is not in place - it would be interesting to know whether, if you run the installation file again and overwrite the existing installation when prompted, the directory does get populated correctly or whether you still run into this same issue.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.