Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to run BurpSuite from window manager menu in Parrot OS.

Mehul | Last updated: Jul 03, 2021 08:08AM UTC

Hi everyone, I have been trying to run Burp from the window manager menu in Parrot OS but there is no activity after clicking the icon. It was working a few hours ago and I've been facing this issue since. I tried running it from the command line and got the following error: Could not start Burp: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no splashscreen in java.library.path: [/usr/lib/jni, /usr/lib/alpha-linux-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/x86_64-kfreebsd-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/powerpc64-linux-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/powerpc64le-linux-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/s390x-linux-gnu/jni, /usr/lib/sparc64-linux-gnu/jni] Thanks!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 05, 2021 01:21PM UTC

Hi Mehul, Are you able to provide us with a few more bits of information so that we can : - What version of Burp are you currently running? - Are you running the version of Burp that is included within ParrotOS as default or have you installed it separately? - What command are you using to try and run Burp when you receive the error listed in your forum post? - You mentioned that this was working for you previously but now does not - are you aware of any changes on your ParrotOS machine that might have occured during this time period?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.