Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to route android mobile traffic to Burpsuite

Abhishek | Last updated: Mar 17, 2022 07:15AM UTC

Burpsuite Version : Burpsuite Professional v2022.2.3 Android Version : Android 11 Hi, I am running the Burpsuite on my organization's laptop and I am unable to route the mobile traffic into burp. Environment : I am only allowed internet access when I connect to the organization's VPN. Things I have tried : 1. Exporting CA certificate and pushing it on my mobile device using adb and trying to connect. -> Failed. 2. Pinging my organization's laptop through my personal PC. -> Request timed out. 3. Pinging my personal PC through my organization's laptop. -> Successful. Possible problem : Organization's laptop has firewall set in a way to disallow incoming requests from any device other than those mentioned in the policy. Kindly help me identify the actual problem.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 17, 2022 11:20AM UTC

Hi Abhishek, It would seem likely that you are hitting firewall setting on your organizations laptop if you cannot reach the company laptop from your personal one. Does this work as expected if you use Burp on your personal laptop in conjunction with your mobile device (using a copy of the free Burp Community edition would suffice in this situation)?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.