Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to login to the labs with the given credentials

Sreethi | Last updated: Apr 22, 2023 02:57PM UTC

Password brute-force via password change Offline password cracking For the above two labs, I entered username- weiner, password- peter. When I click on login it says invalid username or password. can anyone please suggest this?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2023 07:33AM UTC

Hi Sreethi, Just to clarify, the username is actually 'wiener' (the 'i' comes before the 'e') rather than 'weiner' - if you use this username, does this allow you to login to the lab?

Prasad | Last updated: Jul 24, 2023 09:14AM UTC

no

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 24, 2023 09:15AM UTC

Hi Prasad, Just to clarify, are you also having issues logging into a lab? If so, which lab are you having trouble with?

Mustafa | Last updated: Oct 17, 2023 03:07PM UTC

I have this problem now with Basic clickjacking with CSRF token protection

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 18, 2023 08:24AM UTC

Hi Mustafa, I have just successfully logged into this lab using the supplied credentials of wiener/peter. Can you confirm exactly what credentials you are trying to use?

Juan | Last updated: Oct 20, 2023 02:50PM UTC

Me pasó tal cual lo mismo, intenté eliminar la cuenta de wiener/peter testeando la aplicación para saber que pasaba, luego de eso intenté iniciar sesión y no me dejó decía "username or invalid password", a lo cual yo dijé "logico, borré la cuenta", pero si borro el historial y el caché seguro después de ello podré ingresar de nuevo sesión como si nada; pero no, el problema persisitó después de eso así que no sé que podría ser ni tampoco tengo la solución, ¿saben como podría solucionarlo? quedo atento gracias.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 23, 2023 06:58AM UTC

Hi Juan, If you have deleted the 'wiener' user then you would have to wait for your lab instance to expire and then obtain a new lab and try again. A lab instance should expire if you do not interact with the lab for around 15 minutes. At that point you should be able to launch the lab again and obtain a fresh copy of the lab with its original configuration.

Shantanu | Last updated: Apr 12, 2024 10:38AM UTC

User ID controlled by request parameter with password disclosure For the above lab, I entered username- wiener, password- peter. When I click on login it says invalid username or password. can anyone please suggest this?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 12, 2024 10:44AM UTC

Hi Shantanu, I have just launched this lab and been able to login with the wiener/peter credentials so it appears to be working as expected. If you wait for you lab instance to expire (this should happen after around 5-10 minutes of inactivity) and then launch a new copy of the lab are you still unable to login with the wiener/peter credentials?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.