Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to load jython

BurpUser | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 03:07AM UTC

I'm trying to load jython to BurpSuite: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/python/jython-standalone/2.7.3/jython-standalone-2.7.3.jar And it results in error: java.lang.Exception: Extension class is not a recognized type

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 09:22AM UTC

Hi Is this issue occurring when you load an extension, or is this happening when you are trying to specify the location of the Jython standalone JAR file? Does this happen when loading any Python extension, or just one specific extension?

BurpUser | Last updated: Apr 04, 2023 01:48AM UTC

I'm trying to load AuthMatrix.py and it tells me to load Jython first. Burp stuck for a while when I load Jython, and it prompts me this error: java.lang.Exception: Extension class is not a recognized type at burp.ji3.S(Unknown Source) at burp.ji3.C(Unknown Source) at burp.ykm.m(Unknown Source) at burp.rb8.i(Unknown Source) at burp.y96.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) But this jar appears in Burp Extensions table pane, is it loaded or not?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 05, 2023 03:16PM UTC

Hi Are you trying to provide the Python file directly to Burp, or are you trying to install the BApp Store version of AuthMatrix? Could you tell me the version of Burp that you are using? Could you send some screenshots of your "Extension Settings" page to support@portswigger.net?

BurpUser | Last updated: Apr 07, 2023 07:04AM UTC

Just ignore the python file. I'm loading the Jython and it fails. Attached the screenshot: https://ibb.co/W3ZHYb3 Version 2023.2.4

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 07, 2023 07:49AM UTC

Hi, If you navigate to the Extensions tab and then click 'Extensions settings' this should open up your Burp settings. From within the Extensions section in the settings, there should be a subsection entitled 'Python environment' - you would need to load the standalone Jython Jar file within the 'Location of Jython standalone JAR file' field. Let me know if this is not completely clear to you and I can provide some screenshots.

BurpUser | Last updated: Apr 08, 2023 12:36AM UTC

Yes, this worked for me.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.