Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to load installed extension.

Sumit | Last updated: Oct 09, 2022 03:56AM UTC

Hi Team I have downloaded some extensions from BApp store but unable load them in burp menu bar for e.g. J2EE scan. When i check the load option under extender menu it shows success but does not shows anything in menu bar. I was able to do it some time back but failing now. Other extensions such SSL scanner can be loaded/unloaded any time. I do not get any error or failure message. I'm using latest Burp pro 2022.8.5 jar file.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 10, 2022 09:32AM UTC

Hi Sumit, The behaviour of each extension is really specific to that extension - some extensions will not have their own tab. I do not believe that the J2EE scan extension creates a tab within Burp rather it simply adds various new scan checks when using the Burp Scanner. If you configure the extension, as mentioned in the documentation page on GitHub, do you see these additional scan checks being applied to your scan?

Sumit | Last updated: Oct 11, 2022 03:05AM UTC

No Ben. That's my concern. I'm unable to find these extensions in scan launcher.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 11, 2022 02:58PM UTC

Hi Sumit, If you have the 'Extension generated issue' type configured in your audit configuration (see screenshot below) then the additional scan checks provided by this extension will automatically be added to the audit phase of your scan (there is no further configuration as such): https://snipboard.io/LiEadl.jpg

Sumit | Last updated: Oct 13, 2022 03:16AM UTC

Thanks Ben. Your explanations resolves the issue (which was not a kind of). I'm now able to make use of the J2EE scan extension from scan launcher. Even though we couldn't specify which extension is used from scan launcher's "Extension generated issue" option, it is actually doing the work when simply enabling the required extension from extender tab.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.