Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to intercept a traffic on a Mobile App(iOS and Android)

RP | Last updated: Jul 29, 2022 11:20AM UTC

Good Day, I was trying to intercept a traffic from a mobile device both iOS and Android, one application doesn't show any traffic on Burp, I tried turning Intercept, but still it was able to login to the application. No errors found on the Dashboard, opening a safari and try searching some stuff will show traffic. Also the expected URL is not on 80 or 443, already tried enabling Invisible Proxy still no success. iPad 14.4 Android 10 Burp 2022.7 Hoping for your kind reply!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 01, 2022 06:38AM UTC

Hi, To confirm the scenario that you are seeing: - Your mobile device is configured to proxy its traffic through Burp - This configuration works with the traffic from other apps and also traffic from the browser on the mobile device i.e. you can successfully proxy other traffic using this setup - When you come to try and proxy the traffic of the problematic app, the app continues to function as expected but you simply do not see any traffic in Burp - You also believe that the mobile app is using custom ports Is the above all correct? If so, is this app publicly available?

balak | Last updated: Mar 01, 2024 05:17AM UTC

what can I do? the app is fonus borderless

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2024 11:58AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to provide us with some details of the issue that you are facing so that we can assist you further?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.