Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to get POST request through burp suite

Dawn | Last updated: Dec 12, 2023 07:35AM UTC

I'm trying to get the request body for my POST request through burpsuite but i keep getting this GET /canonical.html HTTP/1.1 Host: detectportal.firefox.com User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:120.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/120.0 Accept: */* Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br Cache-Control: no-cache Pragma: no-cache Connection: close this is my code event.preventDefault(); const baseUrl = 'http://localhost:5000'; let email = $('#emailInput').val(); let password = $('#passwordInput').val(); let webFormData = new FormData(); webFormData.append('email', email); webFormData.append('password', password); axios({ method: 'post', url: baseUrl + '/api/user/login', data: webFormData, headers: { 'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data' } })

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 08, 2024 03:59PM UTC

Hi The request you are receiving looks like one of the default ones that Firefox sends out. Are you using Firefox to proxy your traffic through Burp? Have you enabled "Intercept" and are trying to intercept the traffic to your web server? If so, you may need to click the "Forward" button until you reach your relevant request. Alternatively, you could use Burp's built-in browser instead of Firefox to proxy traffic. You can find this by going to "Proxy > Intercept > Open browser".

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.