Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to connect to burp from local network

MBZ | Last updated: Sep 26, 2021 11:52AM UTC

Hi, I've burp on arch linux and I'm unable to connect to burp from my local network. I've tried from phones/laptops from my network to no avail. However I can connect to it from my computer through Firefox (locally). I can understand it's maybe about FW. But, I don't have any rule configured to block external connections and all my devices ping each others. So, I run burp from bridged kali on the same network and guess what, I can connect to burp in kali from all my local network devices !!! The bottom line is that I don't understand what is preventing my devices to not connect to burp on my host ??

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 27, 2021 11:54AM UTC

Thanks for your message. Could you explain what you mean by "unable to connect to burp from my local network"? Do you mean that your browser is not working with Burp as expected? Have you tried using Burp's embedded browser from the Proxy tab?

MBZ | Last updated: Sep 29, 2021 09:24AM UTC

Hi, I mean that burp is not detecting that i've configured a mobile device to connect to it by adding ip/port/certificate to my mobile (its the same think for all my devices on my wifi), despite i don't have any fw rules configured neither on my router or my laptop. For burp embedded browser or any connection from my localhost it's woking fine as i mentioned. Also, make sure to read what i said about kali vm, it's weired!!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 29, 2021 09:37AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to share the configuration that you have setup for your mobile device so that we can take a look (it might be easier to send screenshots of this via email and you can do so at support@portswigger.net)? To categorically confirm, the machine that Burp is running on and your mobile device are on the same WiFi network and you can successfully ping from machine to device and vice versa? Finally, are you seeing an error in the mobile device browser when you try and proxy traffic with your current setup or are the sites loading?

MBZ | Last updated: Oct 04, 2021 05:39PM UTC

I just put ip/port of burp machine, there is nothing that can go wrong here. I'm 1000% sure. Yes, they can pich each other of course :) I don't see any error on my mobile when i proxy it. No sites are loading. I got (Connected, no internet) when I configure proxy on any mobile.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 05, 2021 09:15AM UTC

Hi, As noted, can you email us at the address mentioned above and send some screenshots of your setup and what you are seeing in Burp/ your mobile browser so that we can assist you further with this?

MBZ | Last updated: Oct 13, 2021 01:31PM UTC

Done, see your mailbox.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2021 01:55PM UTC

Thanks. We will take a look and get back to you in due course.

Kharis | Last updated: Jul 13, 2022 01:13PM UTC

Hi, i think i have the same issue with this. i have setting up burp suite to listen all interface in port 8082. and set up by mobile devices to proxy to the burp suite client ip and port. however there is no connection in my mobile devices, no traffic goes to burp aswell. i tried in both android and ios devices. can you help?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 14, 2022 10:33AM UTC

Hi Kharis, I have just replied to your email about this issue - it is probably going to be easier (in terms of sharing information/screenshots) to try and troubleshoot this via email so we will await your response there.

Rutvik | Last updated: Nov 17, 2022 08:52PM UTC

Hello, I am having the same problem. Can you help me to fix it? thank you.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 18, 2022 08:00AM UTC

Hi Rutvik, Just to confirm, you are also having issues connecting your mobile device to proxy its traffic through Burp? If so, are you able to provide us with some details of what you have configured?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.