Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to access the labs

hawkeye | Last updated: Feb 28, 2022 06:12AM UTC

I am trying to access the lab but having an error. Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. I've tried using different browser and cleared cache, cookies and history as well but still getting the same error.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 28, 2022 07:49AM UTC

Hi, Is this still happening for you? Do you happen to have more than three labs running?

Stefan | Last updated: Feb 28, 2022 11:48PM UTC

Hey @Ben, this is happening for me as well. I've waited for more than 15 mins for all labs to reset, but the error is still present.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 07:51AM UTC

Hi Stefan, I have just responded to the forum post that you have raised about this but Is this still an issue for you as of now? Do you have more than three labs running when you experience this issue (or have you completed several labs in quick succession when it occurs)?

Ramtin | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 01:49PM UTC

same problem

Ok | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:07PM UTC

Hi @Ben, I have the same problem as well, even though I currently have only 1 lab running and completed the last lab more than 30 min. ago.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:10PM UTC

Hi Ramtin, This should only be happening when you have launched three labs and then attempt to launch a fourth. We have recently changed the Web Academy so that there is now a hard limit on the number of labs that a user can have running at any one time - this is set to three. It is worth noting that a lab is still 'active' until it expires so closing the browser tab containing the lab will not in itself end the lab instance i.e. the lab instance that is created will still be running in the background. For future reference, lab instances expire after around 15 minutes of inactivity so the suggestion would be, if you encounter this issue, to wait before trying to launch further labs.

Steve | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:18PM UTC

I solved two of the labs within 15 minutes and tried a third. I got this error. I'll wait an hour and see how it goes.

daud | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:36PM UTC

yeah i am also getting this problem

Ramtin | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:41PM UTC

Please undo this patch, I was having fun with the labs until this happened.......

Mopam | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:46PM UTC

I get the same error message here when attempting to spawn the lab. I just came back from lunch, so I don't see how I could have still multiple labs open that didn't expire...

Doeland | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 03:08PM UTC

I didn't even had one lab running today and got the same error also on multiple devices.

Saint | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 03:11PM UTC

Good evening all, I am also getting the same problem, yesterday all labs worked fine, but today no labs are loading giving the same error: "Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists"

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 03:14PM UTC

Hi all Thanks for getting in touch, we have now resolved the issue so if you try again now you should be able to launch the labs.

Steve | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 04:17PM UTC

Michelle - I was able to finish my last three labs today and complete one section! Thanks.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 06:36PM UTC

Hi all, Just to clarify the situation - there were a couple of things in play earlier that potentially confused matters. As noted previously in the thread, we have changed the way the Web Academy works and have put in a hard limit for each user to be able to run a maximum of three labs at any one time. Unfortunately, as my colleague Michelle has noted, we also hit an issue earlier that was impacting some of the labs launching (this was happening regardless of how many labs a user had running and was not linked to our new lab limit). As Michelle mentioned, this issue should now be fixed and you should now only be encountering issues if you do attempt to run more than three labs. We are in the process of changing the error message shown when users do hit the lab limit so that it is immediately obvious what the issue is (rather than users being faced with our generic error message). Hopefully this clarifies the situation and you can all continue to enjoy the labs in our Web Academy.

Sujan | Last updated: Sep 08, 2022 02:22PM UTC

Hello sir , do i need pc to access the lab because when i tried to acces the lab using tab it didnt show the lab at all..

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 09, 2022 07:52AM UTC

Hi Sujan, We would recommend using a PC, on which you have installed Burp, in order to use the Web Academy labs.

Z3N1G4T4 | Last updated: Sep 09, 2022 05:45PM UTC

I've a similar problem, I'm getting "An error occurred. We apologise for the inconvenience." after a minute or two of waiting. I ran the same lab in the afternoon (closed the browser at ~17:45) without any problem but since I was not able to solve it I got back in at ~18:45 but it never started. Tried again right now (19:40) and got the error mentioned at the beginning "An error occurred. We apologise for the inconvenience."

Z3N1G4T4 | Last updated: Sep 09, 2022 05:47PM UTC

Nevermind, it just started now :S

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.