Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Un-interactable repeater tabs

j44kk0 | Last updated: Jan 12, 2021 08:42AM UTC

Hi, this bug has been around for more than a year now, and I'm unsure what's causing it. Current platform: - MacOS Catalina v. 10.15.7 - MacBook Pro 2019 - 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Installed JDK: java 15.0.1 Issue: When sending a request from proxy to repeater, the repeater tab often is un-interactable (cannot edit the request in the repeater by clicking it). Intercepting a request in the proxy once and then trying the forementioned repeater tab again fixes the issue, but it persists very often. Many of my coworkers have the exact same setup, but none of them are experiencing this issue. Any ideas what might be causing this?

j44kk0 | Last updated: Jan 12, 2021 08:49AM UTC

Also, using Burp Suite Professional v. 2020.12.1.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 12, 2021 03:12PM UTC

Hi, Just to clarify, you are intercepting a live request in the proxy tab (with the "Intercept is on" configuration set) and are then sending that request to the Repeater tool? If so, when using this method does the issue arise consistently or is it apparent only occasionally? Is it possible for you to create a video of this behavior, so that we can see exactly what steps you are taking, and then attach it to an email to us at support@portswigger.net?

j44kk0 | Last updated: Jan 13, 2021 07:18AM UTC

Hello, Yes, that is the correct workflow I'm doing. It does actually seem to happen fairly consistently now that I'm testing it. I have sent a screen recording of the behavior along with a "walkthrough" for the recording to the email address you provided. Thanks!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 13, 2021 09:25AM UTC

Hi, Thank you for that - we have received your email so we will continue to engage with you via that medium.

John | Last updated: Jan 13, 2021 01:57PM UTC

I think I have a similar issue on iMac with macOSX11.1 Big Sur. Thanks for posting...I thought I was the issue!! Just a glitch that happened(s)very intermittently. Did you ever get a fix?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 14, 2021 10:14AM UTC

Hi, We are still investigating this issue to see if we can replicate it.

Bob | Last updated: Feb 26, 2021 08:52AM UTC

Hi. i'd like to sadd in that I am having the same issue too. Well almost, once I get to a uneditable repeater tab, I can't figure out how to restore it so I end up closing down Burp and starting all over again. I'd be keen to get a resolution or workaround Big Sur user too

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 02, 2021 04:11PM UTC

Hi Bob We're still looking into this, but the original user mentioned that they were able to regain focus on their repeater tab by alt-tabbing away and back, or using some other method to re-gain focus on the Burp window.

Nathaniel | Last updated: Aug 06, 2021 01:51PM UTC

I have had the same issue. Also Big Sur. It happens sporadically, but consistently. Also on Big Sur. Thank you for the tip on alt-tab, that does appear to help.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 12:57PM UTC

Hi We're glad the tip helped. Unfortunately, we still don't have any updates to share on this issue.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 02, 2021 03:27PM UTC

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.