Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Turbo Intruder not work burp suite 2023.1

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 19, 2023 12:54PM UTC

Hi, Turbo Intruder not work burp suite 2023.1 turbo intruder does not appear in extensions section even though I installed it with no problem. (Request -> right click -> extensions -> not seen turbo ıntruder)

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 07:54AM UTC

Hi, Just to clarify, do you have Turbo Intruder listed in the Extensions -> Installed section of Burp (with the 'Loaded' checkbox enabled) after you have attempted to install the extension?

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 10:21AM UTC

Hi Ben, yes it loads without any problem but when I right click on the request and try to open the turbo intruder I don't see it. via burpsuite 2023.1

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 10:50AM UTC

Hi, If you select the Turbo Intruder entry in the table within the Extensions -> Installed tab and then navigate to the 'Errors' subtab - are there any errors located in here? Can you also confirm how you have installed the extension - is this via the BApp Store or have you installed the extension manually? Finally, where within Burp are you performing the right click to send the request to Turbo Intruder?

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 12:20PM UTC

Hi Ben, + If you select the Turbo Intruder entry in the table within the Extensions -> Installed tab and then navigate to the 'Errors' subtab - are there any errors located in here? - As you can see, there is no error -> poc : https://ibb.co/0hzSJsV + Can you also confirm how you have installed the extension - is this via the BApp Store or have you installed the extension manually? - I downloaded it via the BApp Store ( I always do.) + Finally, where within Burp are you performing the right click to send the request to Turbo Intruder? - this is what I'm talking about poc ; https://ibb.co/hdJ9kXT Where's the turbo intruder?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 05:40PM UTC

Hi, Apologies - for the final question I meant in which tool within Burp are you performing the right-click i.e. are you doing this with requests in the Proxy -> HTTP history or in Repeater or elsewhere?

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 05:57PM UTC

Hi, + are you doing this with requests in the Proxy -> HTTP history or in Repeater or elsewhere? - Repeater and HTTP history

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 05:59PM UTC

+ likewise when i test on burp suite version 2022.12.6 the turbo intruder shows up but not on version 2023.1.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 23, 2023 02:00PM UTC

Hi, We are successfully using Turbo Intruder on 2023.1 currently so there does not appear to be a specific issue using the extension with this version. Do the requests that you are attempting to send to Turbo Intruder have responses?

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 23, 2023 02:24PM UTC

Hi Ben, I guess I didn't explain exactly what I meant. Where is the turbo intruder in the latest version of Burp (2023.1)? https://ibb.co/hdJ9kXT Where's the turbo intruder?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 23, 2023 02:30PM UTC

Hi, No, I think we understand your issue. We are just trying to work out why you are not seeing the extension in the extensions context menu, hence the question about whether the requests that you are trying to send to Turbo Intruder have responses. As noted previously, we have Turbo Intruder running successfully on 2023.1 and do have the option to send requests to the extension, as shown in the following screenshot so, again, we are trying to work out why you are having issues with this: https://snipboard.io/HftJhs.jpg

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 23, 2023 02:43PM UTC

Hi ben, I've tested it in the repeater tab and the turbo intruder doesn't show up (repeater)

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 23, 2023 03:00PM UTC

+ It appears in the HTTP history section. But when you send a request to repeater and try to run turbo intruder, it doesn't show up.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 24, 2023 10:58AM UTC

Hi, When you have forwarded your request to Repeater, have you then sent the request in Repeater at the point you are trying to use Turbo Intruder or are you right-clicking when there is no response to the request? It looks like Turbo Intruder is not available to select on a request that has not received a response - is this what you are seeing in the latest version of Burp (just to confirm we are observing the same behaviour)?

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 24, 2023 11:16AM UTC

Hi Ben, please follow the steps; 1. send request to repeater. ctrl+r 2. When you right click in repeater and open extensions, you will not see turbo intruder there. In version 2022.12.6 there is no problem but in version 2023.1 this is not working properly. 3. please watch PoC video ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmGdj1sEfo

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 24, 2023 11:18AM UTC

Update ; yes, as you said, it does not work on a request that has not received a response. but normally it should still work, this is not the case in version 2022.12.6.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 25, 2023 11:33AM UTC

Thanks for this information! We should have a release coming out soon that will resolve this issue.

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 25, 2023 12:17PM UTC

Thank you! I’m waiting for release

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 26, 2023 10:19AM UTC

Hi We released v2023.1.1 yesterday - this should have resolved your issue.

sdsdsd | Last updated: Jan 26, 2023 12:26PM UTC

Hi Hannah, I just checked and the issue is solved in v2023.1.1.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.