Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Turbo Intruder Not starting

leble | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 01:55PM UTC

Im very new to Burp Suite, i also never used sm like this. Today I was trying to solve the Bypassing rate limits via race conditions Lab by following a video but somehow im just stuck at the part when i start the attack on Turbo Intruder, it just doesnt start. I waited like 7 mins, it still says "Engine warming up..." Note: sorry for my poor english

leble | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 01:57PM UTC

By the way im very sure that i did everything step by step that videos told me, I tried using just making a table with the passwords inside them, my turbo intruder still not starting.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 03:23PM UTC

Hi If you check your extension error or output tab, are there any errors reported? You can find this under "Extensions > Installed > Turbo Intruder > Output/Error".

leble | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 03:42PM UTC

Output says: Loaded Turbo Intruder v1.42 Using albinowaxUtils v1.10b This extension should be run on the latest version of Burp Suite. Using an older version of Burp may cause impaired functionality. There are no errors.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 08:43AM UTC

When you configure your Turbo Intruder attack, could you change the dropdown to "debug.py"? This will change your code to a debug script to check that everything is working. You should receive 3 table entries after the attack starts.

leble | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 05:44PM UTC

The attack doesn't start even on debug.py. I'm literally just stuck at "Engine warming up..."

leble | Last updated: Jun 06, 2024 05:46PM UTC

Is there any other programs i need to download, or any PC stats required for turbo intruder? I think that may cause a problem.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 07, 2024 09:33AM UTC

You shouldn't need any additional tools installed. In the "debug.py" script, can you try changing the engine used from "Engine.THREADED" to "Engine.BURP"? This will make sure that the extension uses Burp's network stack rather than Turbo Intruder's custom network stack. Just to check, you have a working network connection to the endpoint that you are targeting? If you send a request to the endpoint in Repeater, do you receive a valid response back?

leble | Last updated: Jun 07, 2024 11:43AM UTC

Im still stuck at "Engine warming up..." even if i changed engine.THREADED to Engine.BURP Also yes, i can send requests in repeater and i get responses back.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 10, 2024 10:07AM UTC

Thanks for testing that out. Are you testing this against the same endpoint each time, or have you tried against differemt endpoints? If you'd like a site to test, we host a deliberately vulnerable web application at "ginandjuice.shop" that you can test against.

leble | Last updated: Jun 10, 2024 01:43PM UTC

I tried turbo intruder in "ginandjuice.shop" as you said. I'm still stuck at "Engine Warming Up.." when i try to run the "Debug.py" script

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 11, 2024 10:55AM UTC

Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics details? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. Could you also include a screenshot of your "Extensions > Extensions settings" panel?

leble | Last updated: Jun 11, 2024 04:28PM UTC

Ok.

leble | Last updated: Jun 15, 2024 02:33PM UTC

Hello again, i assume the problem is i need to download jython to run turbo intruder.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 17, 2024 12:27PM UTC

Hi Assuming you've downloaded Turbo Intruder from the BApp Store, you do not need any external dependencies, as all dependencies are included within the BApp. At this point, you may need to raise this issue on the extension author's repository here: https://github.com/PortSwigger/turbo-intruder/issues

NamGyuKang | Last updated: Jun 19, 2024 06:48AM UTC

I am also experiencing the same symptoms. Have you solved this problem? Even if I install jython, it doesn't run the same way.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 19, 2024 04:02PM UTC

Hi Have you also tested out the debug script with both Turbo Intruder's engine and Burp's engine? Is your request to a specific endpoint? Is the configured request that is being sent a valid request (e.g. terminates with \r\n\r\n)?

leble | Last updated: Jun 23, 2024 12:15PM UTC

Installed Jython, still doesn't work. I can't even run the debug script it doesn't start. I'll just keep checking this post if someone manage to find whats wrong. Thank you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.