Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Troubles with selecting text inside request/response (Windows 10 + 4k + JDK 14 GA (build 14+36))

Br | Last updated: May 19, 2021 08:39AM UTC

Seems like bad rendering. Because when try to selecting text always empty big free space near selected text. When try to switching fonts, direction of empty space in selecting text just switching right/left

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2021 12:10PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Do you have any custom scaling options set in Windows? (Display Setting -> Advanced Scaling Settings -> Custom scaling) If so, do you still see the issue if you launch Burp from the CLI with this option? /path/to/java.exe -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0 - jar /path/to/burpsuite_pro.jar.

Br | Last updated: May 19, 2021 12:49PM UTC

Tested with /path/to/java.exe -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0 - jar /path/to/burpsuite_pro.jar works fine and correctly, but very smallest UI, impossible to work on it. But when i chaning to uiScale=2.0, issue is back

Br | Last updated: May 19, 2021 12:54PM UTC

Also when i used high DPI (System (Enhanced)) too all fine, but text is blur, no idea how to fix it?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2021 02:23PM UTC

Can I check, is the text blurred when the uiScale=2.0 but not when uiScale=1.0? If so, I think this may match with an existing issue.

Br | Last updated: May 19, 2021 05:06PM UTC

Nope. Text in uiScale=2.0 and uiScale=1.0 both clear. Text blurred only when in win10 enabled for Burp - high DPI (System (Enhanced)) I found a solution: Need run from command line with uiScale=1.0 and change the fonts size to 28+ and will be all fine. But, in win10 without active command line i cant run .jar (now i looking the solution for this) Thanks for you help, i guess need close this report. But i guess should be cool if add uiScale inside Burp settings

Br | Last updated: May 24, 2021 08:54AM UTC

Solution without active command line: Creating file.bat start javaw -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0 -jar C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuitePro\burpsuite_pro.jar

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 02, 2021 10:35AM UTC

The highlighting issue should now be resolved. - https://portswigger.net/burp/releases#professional

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.