Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Trial license to pro license

Sankaranarayanan | Last updated: Feb 19, 2021 11:46PM UTC

I am currently on Burp pro trial license. I just purchased the Burp Pro license and am looking to add this license to my existing installation of Burp pro. But I can't seem to find a place to add the key. So I moved the current installation of burp pro to trash (macos) and tried to download burp pro from my accounts page and try to go through the setup wizard again to add the new key, but setup somehow skips the "add key" step and gives me the notification that I am on the trial license and that I need to renew it by going to the website. How can I add this new license to my installation of burp pro?

Sankaranarayanan | Last updated: Feb 19, 2021 11:59PM UTC

Looks like I must have renewed my trial license. Instead I had purchased a new license. Is there a way to merge the two licenses?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 22, 2021 08:42AM UTC

Thanks for your message. If you launch Burp and go to the Help -> License menu you should then see an 'Update license key' button so you can enter your new Pro license in Burp. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.