Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Traffic not flowing into burpsuite from remote machine

ruchi | Last updated: Feb 26, 2021 12:21PM UTC

Traffic not flowing into burp suite from remote machine,however Traffic is flowing from local machine to burpsuite. Note- All the proxy are correctly configured stil traffic not flowing Can someone help here?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 26, 2021 02:36PM UTC

To help us look into this, can you tell us more about the setup, please? - Are there any errors when you try to browse? - Is the remote machine on the same network as the machine running Burp? - Are there any firewalls that could be blocking this traffic?

ruchi | Last updated: Mar 24, 2021 05:51AM UTC

- Are there any errors when you try to browse? There is no error as such - Is the remote machine on the same network as the machine running Burp? My machine is on my home network with VPN provided by company since we are working from home and machine running burp would be definitely on some other network.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 24, 2021 11:45AM UTC

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup and the site you are trying to browse, please?

• Is Burp installed on the machine on your home network or a machine in the office?
  • Are you using an external browser on your home machine that is proxied via Burp? Or are you using a browser on the same machine as Burp?
  • Have you tried using Burp's embedded browser to connect to the site?

ruchi | Last updated: Mar 24, 2021 01:21PM UTC

1) Burp is installed on some cloud network and I access that machine by using RDC 2) Yes I am using an external browser on my home machine along with a VPN provided by the company 3) Setting browser proxy with IP address along with port 9000 4) Sites are internal to my company

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 25, 2021 10:27AM UTC

Thanks for the update.

• What port is Burp Proxy using? Is it set to 9000 to match what you enter into your external browser?
  • If you use Burp's embedded browser on the machine where Burp is installed are you able to reach the sites that you need to test?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.