Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Timeout waiting for stream allocation

Louis | Last updated: Sep 19, 2022 09:23AM UTC

Hi there, I can see all my requests in the HTTP Request tab, but they are not reaching the end server. All replies are from burp saying "Timeout waiting for stream allocation". I have tried to change the proxy port and enabled invisible proxy but same result. Thanks

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 20, 2022 08:05AM UTC

Thanks for your message. Can you email support@portswigger.net with some more details about the app you are testing and what you are seeing, please? Do you see any additional messages in the Event log on Burp's Dashboard?

floyd | Last updated: Feb 06, 2023 01:02PM UTC

This is very unhelpful. I get the same error, but it is impossible to tell if this issue was resolved, if there are workarounds or anything else. Can you please continue to use the forum instead of relying on email? I also get a "Communication error: host" for that "host" from the proxy. Interestingly Repeater is still working fine for that host, only the proxy is broken. Closing and reopening the integrated browser with a fresh profile didn't help, it is really something inside Burp in the Proxy-part that broke. Closing Burp and reopening the project file is a workaround for the issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 06, 2023 01:42PM UTC

This thread was continued via email, and in that customer's scenario, their AV was affecting the behavior. As we needed to discuss specifics about their setup, the conversation was continued directly rather than using the public forum. To help us investigate your particular issue, can we check some more details? - Which version of Burp are you using? - Do you see the "Timeout waiting for stream allocation" error only when you try to access the site via Burp Proxy? - How many sites are affected? Are the sites using HTTP or HTTPS?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.