Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

There is a bug in Professional / Community 2024.7.6

ttt | Last updated: Sep 25, 2024 05:46PM UTC

When sending a message to the intruder, the message content will be automatically modified, resulting in the failure of the attack.For example, if there is JSON data in the request body, after sending it to the intruder, the Chinese information inside is modified.{"roleId":1,"roleType":1,"roleName":"子账号哈哈","entPhone":"11111111111"} Resending or editing some messages caused them to become unintentionally modified. This is similar to the bug that occurred in sending messages to the repeater in version 7.5, but I found that version 7.6 has fixed the bug of automatically modifying messages when sending messages to the repeater. Now sending messages to the intruder has a similar bug. Please fix this bug, thank you.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 26, 2024 02:06PM UTC

Hi Thanks for your message. This sounds like a bug we already have recorded on our system. Was this also happening in earlier versions of Burp when you sent requests to Intruder (not just starting in 2024.7.6)?

ttt | Last updated: Sep 27, 2024 02:37AM UTC

I can't confirm if this has happened before. I can confirm that in version 7.5, when you click the send button in the Repeater panel to send a message, the Chinese content in the message will be automatically modified, causing the message to fail to send. Then I found that this problem was fixed in version 7.6. Today I found that when sending messages to the Repeater, the Chinese content in the message is sometimes automatically modified.For example, right click and send to repeater, or use the hot key ctrl+r to send a message to repeater. I tested it repeatedly and found that it seems to be sporadic. This problem does not occur every time. I can't reproduce this problem clearly. But when I send a message to Intruder, the Chinese content in the message is automatically modified every time. I am not sure if this problem exists in earlier versions, so I downloaded and installed version 6.6 and found that this problem does exist. So it can be confirmed that this is a bug you have recorded. When can this problem be fixed? Or is there any way to alleviate this problem?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 27, 2024 07:31AM UTC

Hi We've got your email with the screen recording so we'll take a look through and be in touch.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.