Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

the lab could not be started in a timely manner

Hundaol | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:31PM UTC

Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. I have tried in different browsers but iti is not working

Mopam | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 02:44PM UTC

I get the same error message here when attempting to spawn the lab.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 01, 2022 03:10PM UTC

Hi both Thanks for getting in touch, we have now resolved the issue so if you try again now you should be able to launch the labs.

Mohammed | Last updated: Mar 05, 2022 07:22AM UTC

Hello, I have this issue with the following labs: https://portswigger.net/web-security/clickjacking/lab-multistep?lablaunchfailure=1 https://portswigger.net/web-security/clickjacking/lab-exploiting-to-trigger-dom-based-xss?lablaunchfailure=1

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 07, 2022 08:50AM UTC

Thanks for your message. We've tested those labs and they are launching successfully. How many other labs had you launched/did you have open around the time you tried to launch them?

Aqeelah | Last updated: Mar 09, 2022 11:18AM UTC

Hi. I am having the same issue as well. for all the labs

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 09, 2022 12:04PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Were you able to open any labs before you started seeing this message? If so, how many did you open?

sritharan | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 06:46AM UTC

Hi PortSwigger Team, I am getting the following message when trying to access the labs. The issue persists almost for most of the labs. Request to fix the issue. Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. Thanks!

Abu | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 08:01AM UTC

Hi PortSwigger Team, I am getting the following message when trying to access the labs. The issue persists almost for most of the labs. Request to fix the issue. Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 08:56AM UTC

Hi both How many labs had you launched prior to seeing this message? Which labs were you trying to launch when you saw this message?

Andrew | Last updated: Mar 14, 2022 05:59PM UTC

Which lab? Lab: Basic SSRF against the local server In fact if is showing this error message for any lab I'm trying to open. How many labs had you launched prior? Sometimes I launch 3, 4, sometimes 1 lab and the next lab I try to launch I get this message. The only thing I can mention is that I don't complete the lab before moving on to the next one. Not sure if that's a factor in seeing this error message.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 15, 2022 08:48AM UTC

Thanks for your message. You can only have 3 labs active at any one time, if you don't finish a lab then you will need to wait 15 minutes for it to become inactive. I hope this helps explain what you're seeing.

Andrew | Last updated: Mar 16, 2022 01:04PM UTC

That does help, I'm giving a presentation on SSRF today to my development teams and now I know I need to complete each lab prior to moving on to the next one. Thank you!

Victor | Last updated: Mar 22, 2022 05:41PM UTC

Hello! I have the same problem in all labs, I closed every window and waited 20 minutes but the problem still

Thiago | Last updated: Mar 22, 2022 10:17PM UTC

Hi, I'm also having the same problems. I've quit several times and the problems persist. Lab link: https://portswigger.net/web-security/clickjacking/lab-multistep?lablaunchfailure=1 https://portswigger.net/web-security/clickjacking/lab-exploiting-to-trigger-dom-based-xss Please check.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 23, 2022 09:33AM UTC

Hi both Thanks for getting in touch. I've just been running some tests with the labs you mentioned and everything seems to be behaving as expected. If you log out of your PortSwigger account, close all tabs, and wait for 20-30 minutes before logging in again, are you still seeing the same issue now?

Abdullah | Last updated: Apr 11, 2022 03:20PM UTC

Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. I have tried in different browsers but it is not working.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 11, 2022 03:30PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Have you tried to start a number of different labs? You can only have 3 labs active at any one time, so this may explain what you are seeing. If you log out of your PortSwigger account and close your browser, wait for 15-30 minutes and log back in again (which should allow any active labs to time out) are you able to launch a new lab?

oscarhakx | Last updated: Jan 17, 2023 11:36AM UTC

Have the same issue here: https://portswigger.net/web-security/authentication/password-based/lab-broken-bruteforce-protection-ip-block

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 18, 2023 09:53AM UTC

Hi, Is this still an issue for you as of right now?

aman | Last updated: Jan 24, 2023 09:47PM UTC

Apologies, the lab could not be started in a timely manner. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists. I have tried in different browsers but it is not working. what should i do now for the lab file path traversal, simple case. PleaseHelpNow...

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 25, 2023 08:50AM UTC

Hi Aman, Is this still an issue for you as of right now?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.