Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Target Tab missing from view tab

Michael | Last updated: Mar 29, 2024 01:10PM UTC

burp froze and i had to force quit it, upon opening it up again, my target tab was missing. tried restroing it from the view but its not in the list, also tried restoring defualt configuration. Nothing worked

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 29, 2024 01:14PM UTC

Hi Michael Can you please email support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics so we can have a better look at this? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp.

Michael | Last updated: Mar 29, 2024 02:06PM UTC

thank you, ive just emailed

Michael | Last updated: Mar 29, 2024 02:09PM UTC

hi i checked the event log, it states "error initializing target tool"

Michael | Last updated: Mar 30, 2024 11:20AM UTC

hi i have not recieved a response from the email i sent yesterday, and im unable to continue working until the issue is resolved. thank you

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 01, 2024 05:26AM UTC

Hi Michael We have received your email and have now replied. Please note that we are a UK-based company and do observe the bank holidays. We have a very small team available at the moment, and we are trying our best to address any urgent issues.

George | Last updated: Apr 10, 2024 03:14AM UTC

What was the fix for this? I am seeing the same "error initializing target tool" when I load a project.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 10, 2024 06:35AM UTC

Hi George What version of Burp are you using? The above user's solution was to make a new project file and import the 'problem' project file into it. The target tool was then initialized. If the above does not work, can you please email support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics? You can find this by going to Help> Diagnostics.

George | Last updated: Apr 10, 2024 11:08PM UTC

I am using the current version of Burp Pro (2024.2.1.3). Creating a new project and importing the old project appears to work. Thank you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.